Hello there! :D

PlanetReelo

31 minutes ago, PlanetReelo said:

My name is Riah, and I'm from London in the United Kingdom. It's a pleasure to meet you all! Really looking forward to posting here and getting to know everyone :)

Hi there, Riah! I'm bleeder, or Cam. I'm from Tennessee, that's in (*sigh*) America. I like music and stuff.

Welcome to our community! It's lovely to meet you. 

You'll learn a lot and make new friends. Just, as Budge said, don't eat the cookies.

If you ever need anything, feel free to give me a shout! 

See you around!

Lovely to meet you both, Budgie and Cam! I wish I had known about this board sooner. I don't think BS is quite as well known here as he is in the States, so it's been a bit sad not being about to share the love with other people. But alas, I have found you all now, so I'm looking forward to posting a lot :) As for me, I enjoy anime, gaming and reading of course! 

Also guys, what's this 'stay away from cookies' business? 

2 minutes ago, PlanetReelo said:

I've read the first two books, but admittedly back in high school so I don't remember the finer details I'm afraid! But they're on my list for a reread as I wait for Oathbringer. :D

Ah. Well, once you reread them it might make more sense. If we tell you now, it'll be sort of a spoiler :P

He's not well known in Tennessee, to my knowledge.

He's kind of an obscure author in general. I know one person in my town who is as into him as I am, and she is an employee at Books-A-Million (she does have a Syl tattoo, which is, in truth, pretty awesome). (For reference, I am in high school.) 

Wow, a Syl tattoo sounds incredible! Has BS ever come to Tennessee? Getting something signed by him would be absolutely incredible :) I think he mentioned in one of his posts that he may tour to the UK in 2017.

Haha well I guess that makes me your senpai (japanese anime reference there!). I'm in my final year of med school now, which brings me to the grand old age of 23!

2 hours ago, PlanetReelo said:

My name is Riah, and I'm from London in the United Kingdom. It's a pleasure to meet you all! Really looking forward to posting here and getting to know everyone :)

Hey Riah! Welcome to the Shard. Guess I'm a little late getting to this, but that's what I get for living in Utah during ski season...

Have an upvote! 

I am in high school, but hey, the Shard is where age doesn't necessarily matter :) 

I've been to London, and can I just say, you have some really beautiful architecture. 

3 minutes ago, KnightRadiant said:

Hey Riah! Welcome to the Shard. Guess I'm a little late getting to this, but that's what I get for living in Utah during ski season...

Have an upvote! 

I am in high school, but hey, the Shard is where age doesn't necessarily matter :) 

I've been to London, and can I just say, you have some really beautiful architecture. 

It's a pleasure to meet you, KnightRadiant:) Already feeling very at home here, you're all such a lovely bunch! Looking forward to seeing you around the board.

6 hours ago, PlanetReelo said:

Sorry I'm late, but welcome to the Shard! Have an upvote! I'm Shqueeves, and, since it seems to be a thing on this thread, I'm a highschooler from Utah. 

Highschool club ftw!

In all seriousness, welcome to the forums! Have an upvote :) 

I, sadly, can confirm that Sanderson is equally obscure here in Michigan. I know 8 people who have read cosmere, but they've all been recruited by me :P (He seems to be most popular in Utah)

If you like, I can try to find the online copies of Warbreaker and Emperor's Soul for you, since they're both available for free. If possible, though, I'd suggest buying them; wouldn't want to cheat Brandon of his hard-earned royalties ;) 

Oh, and if you need anything, let me know

On 25/12/2016 at 4:09 PM, Bugsy6912 said:

Highschool club ftw!

In all seriousness, welcome to the forums! Have an upvote :) 

I, sadly, can confirm that Sanderson is equally obscure here in Michigan. I know 8 people who have read cosmere, but they've all been recruited by me :P (He seems to be most popular in Utah)

If you like, I can try to find the online copies of Warbreaker and Emperor's Soul for you, since they're both available for free. If possible, though, I'd suggest buying them; wouldn't want to cheat Brandon of his hard-earned royalties ;) 

Oh, and if you need anything, let me know

That's so sweet of you! I've read the Emperor's Soul (loved it!) and would love to read Warbreaker but I think I'll buy it as I have a few Audibility credits rattling around :) Hope to see you around the board! 

On 30/12/2016 at 9:51 AM, Assassin in Burgundy said:

I'm probably the only middle-schooler on this site, on account of finishing WoK in fourth grade. What books of BS have you read, and do you know about the Cosmere?

Wow, in fourth grade!? That's an impressive feat indeed! So far I've read the first two mistborn books, both SA books, Emporer's soul and Legion.

Another high-schooler from Utah reporting in. Here Sanderson is not exactly popular, but you can expect about 1 in 20 to have read one of his books. If he ever gets really big, I can say that I read him before it was cool. :D

And although you've heard it before, do not eat the cookies, or at least put them through a metal detector first. You never know what the Dark Alley has baked in.

19 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Another high-schooler from Utah reporting in. Here Sanderson is not exactly popular, but you can expect about 1 in 20 to have read one of his books. If he ever gets really big, I can say that I read him before it was cool. :D

And although you've heard it before, do not eat the cookies, or at least put them through a metal detector first. You never know what the Dark Alley has baked in.

Pleased to meet you, Elenion! And that's pretty similar to what I tell my friends! 'When SA becomes the next big thing and gets 6 movies, remember that I was raving about it long before!' :D

See you around the board! I can make no promises about those cookies! :P

1 hour ago, PlanetReelo said:

Wow, in fourth grade!? That's an impressive feat indeed! So far I've read the first two mistborn books, both SA books, Emporer's soul and Legion.

And also I finished A Song of Ice and Fire in fifth. Do you know about the Cosmere?

Just now, PlanetReelo said:

It's the universe within which SA, mistborn, Elantris and warbreaker are set, right?

Yeah, along with a couple other short stories. It has something to do with 90% of the theories on this site, and so it's pretty important to know about.