Hello all!

Zan Zhro

Hey all!

I'm Zan Zhro, as it probably says somewhere nearby. Not entirely sure what I should include in this, aside from the fact that I've read the first five Mistborn books (The Final Empire, Well of Ascension, Hero of Ages, Alloy of Law, and Shadows of Self) and am currently in the process of reading The Bands of Mourning (All by Brandon Sanderson). I love talking about the Magicals Modes on Scadrial to my friends, even those that don't know what they are, and am incredibly excited to talk to people who may actually understand what I'm talking about! So, see you all around!

Just now, Zan Zhro said:

@KnightRadiant Sadly, no. Just the Mistborns up until BoM, but I don't intend to stop there! My friend told me the Steelheart books are really good, so I might read those next. Any other suggestions?

I would recommend the Stormlight books. They're my favorite, but Mistborn is a close second. Out of the cosmere books, that is. 

1 minute ago, Zan Zhro said:

@KnightRadiant  I think I might go for Stormlight next, then. I've seen A LOT of praise for them, but haven't read any content about them whatsoever, aside from the names.

Okay. They're really good, and best read when you know the cosmere. I reread them just for that purpose. On a side note, you have heard of the cosmere, right?

22 minutes ago, Zan Zhro said:

@KnightRadiant  I have, but very scarcely. Isn't it something like, all of Sanderson's books all take place in the same universe, known as the cosmere, or something?

Yes. If you want more information, here is a thread to look at. 

There are minor spoilers for The Way of Kings, so read at your own risk. :)

Oh, look at that. I broke 300. *silent celebration*

Edited by KnightRadiant

9 hours ago, Zan Zhro said:

Hey all!

I'm Zan Zhro, as it probably says somewhere nearby. Not entirely sure what I should include in this, aside from the fact that I've read the first five Mistborn books (The Final Empire, Well of Ascension, Hero of Ages, Alloy of Law, and Shadows of Self) and am currently in the process of reading The Bands of Mourning (All by Brandon Sanderson). I love talking about the Magicals Modes on Scadrial to my friends, even those that don't know what they are, and am incredibly excited to talk to people who may actually understand what I'm talking about! So, see you all around!

Hello, Zan! I am bleeder. I like music and vests.

Welcome to the Shard. Mistborn is probably my favorite series; it certainly is excellent. You'll make new friends here, and learn a lot.

Don't eat the cookies. They'll Ruin your life.

If you ever need anything, give me a shout!

See you around.

Hey Zan! Welcome to the forums! Have an upvote :) 

I can second the recomendation for stormlight, but stormlight is a book to read once you trust him. There's a lot of exposition, which isn't necessarily bad, but it makes it a bit difficult for first-time readers. Stick with it if you start it, it's worth it ;) 

Also, here are links to Emperor's Soul and a draft of Warbreaker. Both are free to read, which is really nice

As for the cookies, they're filled with spikes. This means that they're an excellent source of iron, but it also means they are prone to destroy your free will :ph34r: 

Haha thanks for the welcome guys! And I'll look out for the cookies @Bugsy6912  @bleeder

3 hours ago, bleeder said:

Hello, Zan! I am bleeder. I like music and vests.

Welcome to the Shard. Mistborn is probably my favorite series; it certainly is excellent. You'll make new friends here, and learn a lot.

Don't eat the cookies. They'll Ruin your life.

If you ever need anything, give me a shout!

See you around.

3 hours ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Hey Zan! Welcome to the forums! Have an upvote :) 

I can second the recomendation for stormlight, but stormlight is a book to read once you trust him. There's a lot of exposition, which isn't necessarily bad, but it makes it a bit difficult for first-time readers. Stick with it if you start it, it's worth it ;) 

Also, here are links to Emperor's Soul and a draft of Warbreaker. Both are free to read, which is really nice

As for the cookies, they're filled with spikes. This means that they're an excellent source of iron, but it also means they are prone to destroy your free will :ph34r: