Szeth redemption?

Kered

So far Szeth has done some pretty not cool things. But with Nale really not focusing on the major events happening with the VP characters, it seems likely that Nale will have Szeth go and right wrongs in different parts of the land. Maybe Nale will purposely keep Szeth from crossing paths with the KR. But I think righting these wrongs, doing justice, will lead Szeth on a path of redemption, mentally.

Now we've already Nale's form of righting wrongs, he tends to go a bit extreme no matter the circumstance. I think this will be good for Szeth, I think he'll finally realize where being controlled gets him. He'll come across or a situation or two, maybe another small time character, that will change his perspective. The character/situation will show him he can do good, that he can help people.

Obviously it's going to take a while to get to that point, due to how messed up in the head and traumatized Szeth is right now, but I think it'll happen. I think it'll lead to a point where a major Character, maybe Kaladin, will be in mortal danger and Szeth will come outta no where and save the day. Again, obviously it will take more than that and more time for Kaladin to trust him, but I think it's going to lead to a very funny, dynamic relationship. 

Just now, Tsidqiyah said:

Maybe Nale will send Szeth after Lift. If anyone could redeem him it is her. Besides additional proof that the KR are returning would be good for him.

I agree. Szeth needs to see the KR and know 100% that he's not Truthless if he's ever gonna have his Vader moment.

2 minutes ago, AngelEy3 said:

I agree. Szeth needs to see the KR and know 100% that he's not Truthless if he's ever gonna have his Vader moment.

Agreed. With Nale having the belief that surgebinders are going to bring the next Desolation, I can totally see him sending Szeth after members of the KR.

2 minutes ago, KereDerek said:

Agreed. With Nale having the belief that surgebinders are going to bring the next Desolation, I can totally see him sending Szeth after members of the KR.

That's really where I hope his character is going. I mean whatever happens I'm sure will be awesome, but I like our idea a lot.

Edited by AngelEy3
Correction Spren

The Lift one I think will be the most meaningful to do the fact that she hasn't met him yet. She might have heard of the "assassin in white" but they haven't had any incounters yet. Which I think is important, Lift not having any preconceived notions about him. Will leave the relationship more open to her trying to help him get back his sanity.

1 minute ago, KereDerek said:

The Lift one I think will be the most meaningful to do the fact that she hasn't met him yet. She might have heard of the "assassin in white" but they haven't had any incounters yet. Which I think is important, Lift not having any preconceived notions about him. Will leave the relationship more open to her trying to help him get back his sanity.

Of course... She's all innocent and stuff.

1 minute ago, The Ninja Yodeler said:

I dont think he will aend Szeth after Lift. Yes hes going after Radiants, but hes using the excuse that they escaped justice from some past crime as his reason for killing them. Lift was pardoned by Gawx, so bow he doesnt have that excuse. Im 100% sure Nale will send Szeth after others though.

See I think in Nale's mind he was just temporarily routed. I think he'll try to find a loop hole in order to go after Lift again. Being of Justice, I don't think he can just forget about it.

9 minutes ago, KereDerek said:

See I think in Nale's mind he was just temporarily routed. I think he'll try to find a loop hole in order to go after Lift again. Being of Justice, I don't think he can just forget about it.

See but his mind is corrupted. It wasnt really about justice to him, but about stoping the Last Desolation and preventing the return of the Radiants. And I doubt lift will need to steal anymore, considering shes friends with the Prime(?). He may be waiting for her to commit some other crime, but his pretext is now done for, in regards to Lift. 

1 minute ago, The Ninja Yodeler said:

See but his mind is corrupted. It wasnt really about justice to him, but about stoping the Last Desolation and preventing the return of the Radiants. And I doubt lift will need to steal anymore, considering shes friends with the Prime(?). He may be waiting for her to commit some other crime, but his pretext is now done for, in regards to Lift. 

I see where ya coming from. In Nale's eyes he's got bigger fish to fry, didn't think of it that way. 

26 minutes ago, The Ninja Yodeler said:

I dont think he will aend Szeth after Lift. Yes hes going after Radiants, but hes using the excuse that they escaped justice from some past crime as his reason for killing them. Lift was pardoned by Gawx, so bow he doesnt have that excuse. Im 100% sure Nale will send Szeth after others though.

But hasn't she commit thefts in other countries? He may go after her for those crimes.  Besides the whole point of Minions is sending them to do things you can't wont do. yes is is somewhat bound by his view of justice BUT anger can overpower that really easily. So it really depends on on how badly he wants to get rid of her.

I do like the idea that Szeth will wind up saving Kaladin though. He really is a good person I think. Just forced to do terrible things because of a lie perpetuated by the elders of his society. If he wasnt, he would have never been driven to the brink of insanity by his actions. If anyone deserves redemption, its Szeth.

5 minutes ago, KereDerek said:

I see where ya coming from. In Nale's eyes he's got bigger fish to fry, didn't think of it that way.

I do think that Nale's over chasing Lift. He won't send Szeth after the Kholi-KR's because Nale has accepted that the Desolation is here. He previously believed that the KRs were the catalysts for the Desolation, but now that it is actually here he needs them alive to help stop the Voidbringers. He is probably sending Szeth after the Shin for a type of "initiation".

14 minutes ago, Lord_of_Awesome said:

I do think that Nale's over chasing Lift. He won't send Szeth after the Kholi-KR's because Nale has accepted that the Desolation is here. He previously believed that the KRs were the catalysts for the Desolation, but now that it is actually here he needs them alive to help stop the Voidbringers. He is probably sending Szeth after the Shin for a type of "initiation".

Nale did say to Szeth that he would go and reclaim the other Honorblades from the Shin.

Edited by Spoolofwhool

49 minutes ago, Tsidqiyah said:

But hasn't she commit thefts in other countries? He may go after her for those crimes.  Besides the whole point of Minions is sending them to do things you can't wont do. yes is is somewhat bound by his view of justice BUT anger can overpower that really easily. So it really depends on on how badly he wants to get rid of her.

Yes,she did commit crimes in other nations. But Im pretty sure she would have to be in those countries in order for him to follow their proper procedures of that countries laws in order to bring her to justice. Its what he did in Azir. And he did chase her across "half a continent" according to Lift,and even then Im pretty sure he only used the offenses she had against her from stealing in Azir.

36 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Nale did say to Szeth that he would go and reclaim the other Honorblades from the Shin.

I've seen a few theories that this is a foreshadowing of Nale regathering the Heralds and using Szeth as a tool to do so.

1 minute ago, KereDerek said:

I've seen a few theories that this is a foreshadowing of Nale regathering the Heralds and using Szeth as a tool to do so.

Idk I think the Heralds we've seen would refuse to take up their blades again. The ones we've seen so far are broken. Hell, Shallash goes around destroying any effigy she can find of herself. That to me says,at least for her, that she doesnt want anything to do with being a Hearld again. Cant say for the others though.

I also think they shouldn't come back. Having badically immortal, suoer powerful beings come back into play would take away from the struggles these new Radiants face, I think. Besides, Im with the theory that Roshar is done for.  But yeah, them coming back would definitely take away from the struggles and desperation to save a world that the new Radiants will face.

Maybe they return for a bigger purpose than what's happening on Roshar. Like starting their own version of 17th shard, and manipulate events around the cosmere to suit their purpose. It's a long shot, but I like overall, the Heralds will have big part to play in the overall cosmere story line. And it might be Szeth that informs the KR of what the Heralds, individually or in a group, are scheming. Could also factor in to him slowly earning the trust of Kaladin and the the other Knights. 

6 minutes ago, KereDerek said:

Maybe they return for a bigger purpose than what's happening on Roshar. Like starting their own version of 17th shard, and manipulate events around the cosmere to suit their purpose. It's a long shot, but I like overall, the Heralds will have big part to play in the overall cosmere story line. And it might be Szeth that informs the KR of what the Heralds, individually or in a group, are scheming. Could also factor in to him slowly earning the trust of Kaladin and the the other Knights. 

Possibly. Never thought about, but I guess they could take the fight to Odium by expanding their reach in the Cosmere. I mean he did torture them between Desolations for a long, loooong time. If it was me, Id never stop trying to oppose Odium, even if Roshar was destroyed. Good point you had there.

Edited by The Ninja Yodeler
Spelling

I highly doubt that Lift is done stealing or will remain out of trouble. It is possible that the whole situation has changed her but I kind of don't think it will be that easy.

As for Szeth, I'm not really sure how he could come back from what he has done. Even if someone like Kaladin forgives him, the rest of the world will likely not. I think another interesting way to go would be him being killed by Kaladin who sees it as the right thing to do to protect people and then a bunch of people coming forward to show that he had changed and was trying to help people.