Heyyoooo

Dunite_Sphere

Hi everyone! I came to this place after hearing about the Shardcast on the Legendarium podcast, which I am also new to. I have read TWoK and WoR once and the audiobook once for each. The first three Mistborn novels were rad and I have only delved into a little of the fourth. Currently I am reading Elantris 10th Anniversary Edition from my local library, and really enjoying it. A cosmere really piques my interest within a series, and the only other one I know of is Asimov's. I hope to learn some and say some, probably more of the former. 

Hey, welcome to the forums! Have an upvote! Have you read The Emperor's Soul or Warbreaker yet? Both are available for free online. I'll try to find the links for you if you like. In the meantime, don't take any cookies that are offered to you. They're spiked :P

Your name is funny, by the way. I like the originality :) 

Awesome! It's always cool to see the beginnings of a new Sanderfan, which you obviously already are. If I can recommend his short stories and novellas, they really are a great, yet quick, look into some of the other worlds of the Comere (that is seriously one of the only times you'll hear 'Sanderson' and 'short' in the same sentence).

Oh, and try out Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians if you have a spare moment. That's his middle grade series. They're not for everyone, but still worth a try if you're looking for something a little more lighthearted.

Here's the Warbreaker link, by the way: http://www.brandonsanderson.com/drafts/warbreaker/Warbreaker_hardcover_1st_ed.pdf

Thanks for the compliment. I'd be interested in getting those if it isn't too much trouble. I hear a lot of talk about Warbreaker on here, so I guess it is good? An old college friend has read them all and she says The Emperor's Soul was a goodie. I was thinking about picking those up and maybe getting the Unfettered II compilation for Dalinar's flashbacks and the novellas that Sanderson puts out.

edit: Thanks for the link!

Edited by Dunite_Sphere

3 hours ago, Dunite_Sphere said:

Hi everyone! I came to this place after hearing about the Shardcast on the Legendarium podcast, which I am also new to. I have read TWoK and WoR once and the audiobook once for each. The first three Mistborn novels were rad and I have only delved into a little of the fourth. Currently I am reading Elantris 10th Anniversary Edition from my local library, and really enjoying it. A cosmere really piques my interest within a series, and the only other one I know of is Asimov's. I hope to learn some and say some, probably more of the former. 

Hiya! I'm bleeder. I dress nice and rant about music. I also give out PDFs. Have you read Warbreaker? It's excellent. 

Welcome to the Shard! I promise we try to have intelligent conversations but we usually end up veering into topics such as baking, and each other's day-to-day lives.

Hey, speaking of baking, if you are offered any kind of pastry or baked good, please for the love of all things do not accept. It's for your own good. 

Anyway, welcome! 

EDIT: @Tariniel, you have denied me of my only joy: giving out PDFs! Oh no! (I'm kidding. Way to beat me to the punch, though! :) )

I do have Emperor's Soul PDF though, @Dunite_Sphere, if you want to give it a shot.

Edited by bleeder

3 hours ago, bleeder said:

Hiya! I'm bleeder. I dress nice and rant about music. I also give out PDFs. Have you read Warbreaker? It's excellent. 

Welcome to the Shard! I promise we try to have intelligent conversations but we usually end up veering into topics such as baking, and each other's day-to-day lives.

Hey, speaking of baking, if you are offered any kind of pastry or baked good, please for the love of all things do not accept. It's for your own good. 

Anyway, welcome! 

EDIT: @Tariniel, you have denied me of my only joy: giving out PDFs! Oh no! (I'm kidding. Way to beat me to the punch, though! :) )

I do have Emperor's Soul PDF though, @Dunite_Sphere, if you want to give it a shot.

Hi Bleeder! Good to meet you. Go ahead and link the file if you don't mind. My wife picked up a Kindle DX at the Salvation Army for $9 bucks, and between Warbreaker and the Emperor's Soul I am sure they are worthy to break it in. Are they both a part of the Cosmere? I should see what is and isn't. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Dunite_Sphere said:

Hi Bleeder! Good to meet you. Go ahead and link the file if you don't mind. My wife picked up a Kindle DX at the Salvation Army for $9 bucks, and between Warbreaker and the Emperor's Soul I am sure they are worthy to break it in. Are they both a part of the Cosmere? I should see what is and isn't. Thanks!

Damnation, that's a good deal! Here you go: The Emperor's Soul.pdf

Emperor's Soul is Cosmere. Most everything that Brandon writes is in the Cosmere. Except Reckoners, Alcatraz, and a few short stories. But the Cosmere is his masterwork (thankfully)

Anyway, enjoy the book!

8 hours ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

Hey, hey hey @Dunite_Sphere! Welcome to the Shard buddy! I'm the resident creepy person, and I promise not to stalk you!

Want some candy!?

I love candy! And vans. Do you have a van?! We could go for a drive into the middle of a forest and look for worms! Worms are the BEST!

3 minutes ago, Sasooner said:

@Dunite_Sphere

Welcome to the community! It is a pleasure to have you here, random question, what is your favorite color?

Thanks for the welcome! I like the wavelength between 400-475nm or something close to indigo. I know we can't really see indigo, but there is a color that is not quite blue or violet that I really love. Yourself?

6 minutes ago, Dunite_Sphere said:

Thanks for the welcome! I like the wavelength between 400-475nm or something close to indigo. I know we can't really see indigo, but there is a color that is not quite blue or violet that I really love. Yourself?

Zaffre.

Edited by Sasooner

2 minutes ago, Sasooner said:

Ultramarine

These are some colors that I don't believe I have really seen before. So, I just searched for ultramarine and found some in powder form that is awesome! Really pleasing to the eyes. I may have to reevaluate my favorite color, because indigo was the closest one I had found. Thanks for asking that question.

Just now, Dunite_Sphere said:

These are some colors that I don't believe I have really seen before. So, I just searched for ultramarine and found some in powder form that is awesome! Really pleasing to the eyes. I may have to reevaluate my favorite color, because indigo was the closest one I had found. Thanks for asking that question.

Do you mean plum? Plum is my favorite color. 

1 minute ago, Dunite_Sphere said:

no problem for the question, but if colors are something you enjoy there is a guild for that....

Yeah. I have always preferred the way it looks in fluorite. Maybe it is the cubic habit or the way light passes through it, but, yes.

As @Sasooner said, we might have a group of like-minded and extremely chromatological people if you are interested. No geology guild though. 

We are the Assassins ITechnicolour Clothing

We're super fun, really. 

Edited by bleeder

2 minutes ago, bleeder said:

As @Sasooner said, we might have a group of like-minded and extremely chromatological people if you are interested.

@bleeder I wouldn't mind checking that out. When I do fieldwork looking for rocks I need to know what certain minerals look like to determine what the rock is. This could be shape, texture, color, habit, cleavage etc. So that sounds like something that might be cool. I'd accept an invitation.

@bleeder I wouldn't mind checking that out. When I do fieldwork looking for rocks I need to know what certain minerals look like to determine what the rock is. This could be shape, texture, color, habit, cleavage etc. So that sounds like something that might be cool. I'd accept an invitation.