Spren and Stormlight

ScarletSabre

So we've seen that Shallan can push Stormlight into Pattern with at least somewhat of an effort, which caused him to be able to interact with her Lightweaving and stick the illusion to him. We don't see any Spren become infused with Stormlight anywhere else however, which makes me wonder what effects it may have had... did it heal some of Pattern's memories the way it would heal Kaladin's broken bones?

Spren's don't "heal"(i don't think you could ever harm them apart from breaking oaths nor were they ever damaged before) more like they gain sentience ( and/or they start remembering if they formerly bonded with other radiants before and had memories of the past like Syl) from the Nahel bond they have with their KR partner. It's the people who needs to heal since they have physical manifestation aka bodies.

Spren's are literally just floating bits of powers of shard(s) with sentience.

Well that's my understanding of sprens.

Edited by goody153

I think that this is Brandon's way on introducing a new "power" to the world. I think that the reason that we don't see that anywhere else, because none of the others have discovered that they have that ability and they haven't needed to. I think that @goody153 is right that they don't "heal" but they do gain a higher form of sentience. (I thought it was neat that Pattern started with an ability to understand complex things and needed to "remember" how to interact with simpler things and Syl needed to learn complex things like death and lying). 

• Chaos locked this topic