Mistborn Fanfiction?

Mistbornwithakitty

Hello my fellow Mistings! 

I've been searching around the internet a bit (as any self respecting fangirl does ;)), and I've noticed something.  I cannot find a Mistborn fanfiction for the life of me.  Like, at all.  Does anyone know where I can find some?  If not, would anyone be interested in reading one?  I dabble in writing here and there, and have been interested in writing a fanfiction for awhile now.  Since is my absolute favorite series and I know the world so well...I thought it might be a good place to start.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Comments?  I'm open to all.  ^_^ 

Thank you for your time!  --MWAK <3

I agree on how frustratingly limited Sanderson fanfiction actually is. There are some good ones on archive of our own though. mostly short pieces, no further stories. You need to do a but of filtering though,  coz there is some dreck too. 

There are a couple Crack fics on fanfiction.net. One thing the Sanderson fan community does have aa grest dsupply of is fan art though.  Check out the adolnasium Tumblr for those. Or even better,  try writing some of your own?  XD I'd actually be interested in collaborating on a writing project. 

Edited by Doctor12

I did find one really awesome Mistborn tic called Found Objects on fanfiction.net. It has MAJOR spoilers for everything under the Mistborn title though, so be warned. Yes, including the BoM epilogue and SH. As a fan of art history though it was VERY funny. There are a few others as well, but you really have to look and many are incomplete. There are also a few on Archive of Our Own. Again, you have to look. The gems are worth the slog.

Admittedly, I write a lot more SA fic than Mistborn fic, but I do have a few kicking around! Some of them I haven't gotten around to putting up on AO3 or FF.net, but they're on tumblr right now.

Only one is straight up in-universe fic, my most recent, "Slipping Through Her Fingers" which is spoilery for SoS. Fair warning, it's meant to be a bit of a swift kick in the emotions, because I'm a terrible mean person like that.

I've also got a Marvel/Mistborn crossover "Otherworldly Intruders" written as a request, where Thor and Loki end up in TFE-era Luthadel to cause trouble. It was a secret-santa gift for another fandom member, who requested it.

Lastly I've got something a bit more self-indulgent, my own original characters from my novel, but an AU where they're actually from AoL-era Scadrial. Because it's fun figuring out what kinds of powers they'd have and also letting them get into trouble on another world for a change. So, it's on Scadrial, but a different cast. That one's called "Catching Her Interest."

If you're looking for a good archive though, the #fanfic tag on Adonalsium has about twelve pages of Cosmere fics, though because tumblr is a garbage trash website of garbage, there's unfortunately no way to search multiple tags to just see Mistborn fanfics, so they're all mixed in with other Cosmere works. You can either sort by type (#fanfic) or by source work (#mistborn or #mistborn adventures) or by world (#scadrial), but searching by source or world will bring up more than just fanfics, you'll also get art and graphics and stuff like that. If you're just looking for fics, I'd go with the #fanfic tag, since there's fewer things in there so it's easy to scroll to find Mistborn stuff.

• Chaos locked this topic