Hemalurgy and Preservation (spoilers of HOA)

Elendtheking

So as everyone knows, Hemalurgy lets one steal allomancy from (big surprise) an allomancer. Yet we also know that it's use repels the mists and makes one unable to use the power of the well of ascencion which are both spliners or slivers (not sure which one it is) of preservation, this makes me suppose that slivers or splinters of Preservation are repelled by Hemalurgy (strangely Preservation and Ruin are attracted by each other) so here comes my question (after 4 lines of useless spoilers for HOA): does the allomancy used by an user of Hemalurgy come from Preservation or from Ruin or even from another source?

So as everyone knows, Hemalurgy lets one steal allomancy from (big surprise) an allomancer. Yet we also know that it's use repels the mists and makes one unable to use the power of the well of ascencion which are both spliners or slivers (not sure which one it is) of preservation, this makes me suppose that slivers or splinters of Preservation are repelled by Hemalurgy (strangely Preservation and Ruin are attracted by each other) so here comes my question (after 4 lines of useless spoilers for HOA): does the allomancy used by an user of Hemalurgy come from Preservation or from Ruin or even from another source?

The Well of Ascenscion and the mist are neither splinter or sliver, they are pure power of Proservation.

A splinter is a tiny piece of a Shard (Warbreaker spoiler:

The Divine Breath of the Returned are splinters of Endowment for example

), with other conditions we don't know yet. Generally, splinters have a strong connexion to the Cognitive and the Spiritual. Atium or lerasium are no splinters if you wonder. (Does someone has a better definition?)

A Sliver is someone who has held and used a significant part of a Shard power and then released it.

Regarding the fuelling of allomancy gained by hemalurgy, I'm almost certain it comes from Preservation (except, of course, atium and its alloys): what hemallurgy steals is a part of your Spiritual DNA. So, when stealing allomancy, you steal the part of a spiritweb which allows you to draw power from Preservation.

Edited by Dracnor

• Chaos locked this topic