Creating Nicrosil Ferings

jag519

Spoilers for Bands of Mourning

So, if you have a nicrosil medallion  that anyone could use, that would let you tap that and gain investiture.  Normally that is with another metal to let you tap and store that one. But with Just nicrosil you could store another nicrosil one that WOULD be just for you.  If you then let go of the medallion would you be able to tap your own metalmind?

So, if you have a nicrosil medallion  that anyone could use, that would let you tap that and gain investiture.  Normally that is with another metal to let you tap and store that one. But with Just nicrosil you could store another nicrosil one that WOULD be just for you.  If you then let go of the medallion would you be able to tap your own metalmind?

I am unsure to catch you point, but you probably may do this, if you know the trick (unknowing for now) to make the metalmind think that you have the right power.

But at the end you will have a limited F-Nicrosil, alone you can't use to performe anything

My opinion on this is that the second nicrosilmind that you create would be "locked" to your identity, but you would be unable to access it without having Investiture coming from the first "unlocked" nicrosilmind, assuming you do not have the Feruchemical ability to use nicrosil.  I see it as essentially moving the Investiture from the "unlocked" metalmind into the "locked" one.  The second metalmind would essentially be useless after you fill it since you would be unable to tap it.  However, if there were to be any exception to the rule of having to be born with the power to use a metalmind or using an "unlocked" nicrosilmind, nicrosil would be the metal to do that. 

Thinking about the use of nicrosil brings up another question for me.  If Investiture is manifested as the ability to use Feruchemy or Allomancy, wouldn't filling a nicrosilmind reduce your ability to use Feruchemy?  As you fill at increasing rates, your ability to fill the metalmind would decrease.  What would that mean?  And what would tapping it do?  Increase your ability to use nicrosilminds?  Or would it allow you to use the Investiture in other ways? (i.e. other Feruchemical metals or Allomancy)

• Chaos locked this topic