Era 2 Cover Art Flaws

Sarcasm

I'm not sure if there's already a thread on this, but I just noticed some flaws on the covers of a few of the Era 2 Mistborn books.

Alloy of Law:

1. Wayne is holding a gun!  :unsure:

2. Wax is wearing a tie, and he usually wears a cravat.

Shadows of Self:

Nothing much, just the tie.

Nothing wrong with Bands of Mourning, so far as I can tell.

The main issue is just with Wayne holding a gun in AOL.

Edited by Sarcasm

I'm not sure if there's already a thread on this, but I just noticed some flaws on the covers of a few of the Era 2 Mistborn books.

Alloy of Law:

1. Wayne is holding a gun!  :unsure:

2. Wax is wearing a tie, and he usually wears a cravat.

Shadows of Self:

Nothing much, just the tie.

Nothing wrong with Bands of Mourning, so far as I can tell.

The main issue is just with Wayne holding a gun in AOL.

1. Indeed, Sanderson has mentioned the fact in his Alloy of Law annotations, chapter 8. (Last paragraph of the first section). 

I hadn't noticed the tie instead of a cravat, though. Good eye.

While those details are off, and there's the weirdness of Wax having steampunk-ish goggles, I'm satisfied the AoL cover is otherwise excellent. As we know from the original Alcatraz covers, that isn't always the case. Sanderson has mostly had excellent cover art, which is immensely pleasing.

One other little niggling thing about the AoL cover that bugs me:  that train in the background is either built for giants or way out of proportion with the rest of the artwork.  I mean, seriously, when you take perspective into account that thing is, what, three stories high?

But yeah, the Wayne carrying a gun thing is silly, though it bothers me even more that he's traipsing around with his finger inside the trigger guard.

Edited by Kaymyth

• Chaos locked this topic