Luthadel and thrones

Asperity

Forgive me if this is something abundantly obvious that I just haven't made a connection to or something:

Towards the end of the novella, during one of the scenes where Preservation allows Kelsier to see what he sees, so to speak, there are a few short sentences describing images. The context for this begins with Kelsier asking Leras about Ruin with "He has his fingers in everything, doesn't he, Fuzz?" to which Leras responds with, "Yes. See." One of these sentences describes, verbatim:

"A man he didn't know sitting on a burning throne and watching Luthadel, a twisted smile on his lips".

I thought this peculiar due to the mention of a burning throne, and by this point, Kelsier has seen Ati's actual body so he knows the man's general appearance, so this should not have been Ati watching events happen. Therefore, I wonder who it could be, if someone important, or someone who holds some type of power, that we do not know about yet. Implications could go anywhere.

Forgive me if this is something abundantly obvious that I just haven't made a connection to or something:

Towards the end of the novella, during one of the scenes where Preservation allows Kelsier to see what he sees, so to speak, there are a few short sentences describing images. The context for this begins with Kelsier asking Leras about Ruin with "He has his fingers in everything, doesn't he, Fuzz?" to which Leras responds with, "Yes. See." One of these sentences describes, verbatim:

"A man he didn't know sitting on a burning throne and watching Luthadel, a twisted smile on his lips".

I thought this peculiar due to the mention of a burning throne, and by this point, Kelsier has seen Ati's actual body so he knows the man's general appearance, so this should not have been Ati watching events happen. Therefore, I wonder who it could be, if someone important, or someone who holds some type of power, that we do not know about yet. Implications could go anywhere.

This is probably supposed to be Penrod, who by this point in Hero of Ages was spiked.  Kelsier didn't know him, and those visions became more metaphorical as they went on (I don't think the thing with the laughing and dancing in the ashes ever physically happened, for example).  

• Chaos locked this topic