Can an Elder God play and theory-craft too?

Mael

Hello all! I'm Mael, and I've been lurking on the 17th Shard for a while. Finally figured now is as good as ever to jump in to the conversations and start forging Cosmere theories since we have a new book and novela to play with. I've managed to tear through all of Sanderson's released Cosmere books and novelas, and when I'm not reading Brandon's books I can usually be found grinding my way through the Malazan Book of the Fallen at the moment or trying to keep up with school work.

You all seem like such interesting people and I look forward to theory crafting with all of you!

Welcome friend. 

Have a free cookie

I look forward to what theories you create. I am hopeless at creating my own

I am sorry but an Elder God cannot play or theory craft, they have responsibilities Plus why would they theory craft? They are gods no? They are the ones who can create at a whim, no theories involved.

Sadly godhood is much more taxing than many would assume (have you ever had thousands of souls, if not millions or billions, whispering in your ear for petty things? It gets incredibly dull after a couple millenia...). Creation is a bit tricky, considering at least in my case I was the created and not the Creator... Plus I'm not an Elder god of the Cosmere, so I'm just as clueless about future events as you are... and gods can too have fun! That's why we adopt personas as manservants for incredibly clever and brilliant (and slightly erratic) humans in our free time dodging the requests of our believers

Sadly godhood is much more taxing than many would assume (have you ever had thousands of souls, if not millions or billions, whispering in your ear for petty things? It gets incredibly dull after a couple millenia...). Creation is a bit tricky, considering at least in my case I was the created and not the Creator... Plus I'm not an Elder god of the Cosmere, so I'm just as clueless about future events as you are... and gods can too have fun! That's why we adopt personas as manservants for incredibly clever and brilliant (and slightly erratic) humans in our free time dodging the requests of our believers

I blame you.

I blame you for all the inequality in this world

I blame you for climate change

I blame you for letting evil rule

I blame you for letting our neighbours die

I blame you.....for everything

And yet....

I thank you

I thank you for allowing me to live for so long

I thank you for giving humans the idea of the video game

I thank you......for everything             

Slightly erratic? He's almost as erratic as Kruppe.

Slightly erratic? He's almost as erratic as Kruppe.

Nobody could possibly be as erratic as dearest Kruppe, in all of his magnanimous and humble wisdom! Though I do wish he would take a break from Darujistan to visit me and Tehol in Lether (and maybe bring K'rul with him, it has been ages since I've had a good drink or 200 with that Elder God). That would definitely be a gathering for the ages!

Nobody could possibly be as erratic as dearest Kruppe, in all of his magnanimous and humble wisdom! Though I do wish he would take a break from Darujistan to visit me and Tehol in Lether (and maybe bring K'rul with him, it has been ages since I've had a good drink or 200 with that Elder God). That would definitely be a gathering for the ages!

am i invited?