Hi all

Radda

Hi everyone!

I've been coming here to lurk for a long-long time and finally decided to register when I really really wanted to post in one of the topics.

I've first heard about Brandon when The Way of Kings popped up a lot in tor.com "Best books of the decade" poll and noticed his name on a new Wheel of Time novel around the same time. TWoK rejuvenated my interest in fantasy and it still remains my absolute favourite of Brandon's books and one of my favourite books of all time.

I'm a girl, I'm Russian and once I've planned my entire vacation so I can go meet Brandon at his signing in Oslo. I've barely made it (thanks, Sweden railways) and even managed to embarrass myself a little (basically, I decided to leave the volume on my cellphone on because people hardly ever call me when I'm abroad. But just when Brandon was explaining his idea for Mistborn and how the bad guy wins, my mother called and her ringtone is Imperial March. Well, the soundtrack was approproate :)) but it was worth it.

So this is it. I probably won't post a lot because, frankly, your in-depth knowledge of all things Cosmere scares me. :) I'd rather speak about character interaction and leave realmatic theories to others. But with the WoR coming there would be a lot to discuss.

Welcome to the forums Radda!

I'm guessing that the appropriateness of the ringtone may have got a chuckle out of Brandon?

Don't worry, there is a borderline ridiculous amount of theorycrafting on the site (though I'm making no judgements of that being a bad thing) but there are still plenty of people who are interested in discussing character interaction and other things.

• Chaos locked this topic