Childhood's End

azninvasion99

I was curious if anyone was watching this mini-series, and had any thoughts on it? The book was always my favorite SF book and while I was skeptical of Syfy taking on the adaptation, I thought the first night was good. Some character/timeline changes aside, I'm really looking forward to the next two nights. 

I've become skeptical of anything they've put out since Battlestar Galactica, but I was really curious to see how they would adapt the book, so I thought I would give them a shot. The other new series they've adapted (The Expanse) was also pretty enjoyable for it's first 2 episodes, so maybe they are finally switching gears into some decent television. 

But back to the series, I thought the series was a decent adaptation. I wish they hadn't focused so much on trying to give the characters depth since I felt a lot of their arcs fell flat, and that the strong points of the series was when they stuck to the plot that came out of the books. I did think that Karellen was awesome throughout, and some of the special effects in the last episode were really solid considering.