Would anyone be interested in a weekly writing/whatever other art thing

Datan Nomlibash

This part of the forum is pretty dead. For proof things that were updated months ago are floating on the front page. If we had a weekly art thing it might liven it up. I would host it if no one else would. For writers at least the point of posting here is to get feed back and stoke our egos. Those are hard things to do when only two people look at your work.

Basically I want to do it anyway but feed back would be appreciated. I have more details but its late now so they can wait.

This reminds me of the MMOIPWAR. Which died while I was still behind by 2 months - which is probably for the best, because I would end up even further behind.

I still think we should resurrect that eventually, but that's Quiver's domain, not mine.

Anyways, if you're interested in something like this, you should look at this and see if it is similar to your idea. If it is, we should look into bringing it back.

Alright here is my plan.

Basically it is a weekly art thing were you can post whatever artistic thing you want. Did you make a doodle? Post it! Write a test scene for a story you've been rolling around in your head? Post it! Uploaded a song or video on YouTube? Link it here.

The goal would be to help encourage more people to post and creating a nice environment to share work for feed back. If they want to have it constructively criticized/analysed they can just ask and will have a variety of people around to help. I think that it would be nice not to have any kind of goal for longterm projects and people just post like they want.

Edit: Basically I think that it would help liven up the creators corner to have a more central thread, maybe I'll put something in my sig and drop a post in the general forum to help interest. We could also have contests every once in a while for fun, I might be up for giving something small like a Google play or iTunes card or something if it gets moving.

Edited by Datan Nomlibash