Noob

NE Windrunner

Hi! Welcome to the 17th Shard!

The only major Cosmere books you're missing are Mistborn Era 2 (Alloy of Law and Shadows of Self), and Warbreaker. Then after that there's some short stories (Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell, and Sixth of the Dusk, namely, as well as a little one on Brandon's website called The Hope of Elantris), and one novella, called The Emperor's Soul, which takes place on the same world as Elantris but in a very different setting. It's also very Cosmere-aware.

Hope that helps! Welcome!

Difficult. Wit's a good choice for me, as is Vin. For completely different reasons. Also, I identify with Elend's bookish awkwardness. I am exactly the person who would bring a book to a party and spend the entire time reading it. Especially if it was WoR.

Have you read any of Brandon's non-Cosmere books?

Difficult. Wit's a good choice for me, as is Vin. For completely different reasons. Also, I identify with Elend's bookish awkwardness. I am exactly the person who would bring a book to a party and spend the entire time reading it. Especially if it was WoR.

You forgot Wayne.

Yes, Wayne is quite good. I'm having a difficult time choosing an absolute favorite, though. Maybe Kelsier. As for Cosmere books, Mistborn Era 2 and Warbreaker are really the only others you need. I would suggest the Wheel of Time, however.

Edit: welcome, by the way.

Edited by Amrynn

I have not read any of the non-Cosmere books but Steelheart seems interesting so I would consider that after I get up to date on the Cosmere books.

i have read the first 7 books of wheel of time and for whatever reason I became uninterested so I never got to Brandon's books. I often think of picking it up again but it's been like 6 years so I feel that I would have to start at eye of the world again,

Also, for a last thought ( should probably go to another thread for this but whatevs) what is the general opinion here of Adolin becoming a radiant? He is my guilty pleasure character and I soooooooo want him to be a dustbringer but I know a lot of people are on the edgedancer train.

Even Brandon's books for younger audiences are still quite good. Definitely at least try them. And Calamity's coming out in February, so maybe you can catch up on Steelheart before then. It's only two books!

Wheel of Time is worth it. Books 7-10 get down into a slump, but they pick up by 11, and the rest are just brilliant.

I haven't checked it out, but try here.

Also, for a last thought ( should probably go to another thread for this but whatevs) what is the general opinion here of Adolin becoming a radiant? He is my guilty pleasure character and I soooooooo want him to be a dustbringer but I know a lot of people are on the edgedancer train.

Hi. My name is Maxal. If you have questions regarding Adolin: I am the person you should talk to  :)  Feeling humble today  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:Feel free to PM me, I am always available to burden people with lengthy boring theories on Adolin  :ph34r:

I don't read the welcome post on a regular basis, so sorry for the long delayed post.

Even Brandon's books for younger audiences are still quite good. Definitely at least try them. And Calamity's coming out in February, so maybe you can catch up on Steelheart before then. It's only two books!

Wheel of Time is worth it. Books 7-10 get down into a slump, but they pick up by 11, and the rest are just brilliant.

I haven't checked it out, but try here.

Brandon started writing WoT during book 12, right?