Inbreading?

Why is the title called Inbreading when we're talking about ducks?!

Because his name is GaVIlar and not GaLIvar...

It made me think of a duck  :ph34r: Or Daffy Duck to be more precise  :ph34r:

It all started when I wondered if anyone ever questioned Dalinar's parenting which was related to the topic... This is all my fault  -_- I take the full blame. 

Why is the title called Inbreading when we're talking about ducks?!

They're clearly talking about duck sandwich. Inbreading is merely another way to refer to a dish composed by closely related slices of bread, as in from the same loaf. No?

• 2 months later...

Somebody shall ask BS what percentage of the population Lighteyes make. I, personally, think something between 10-20 percent;

I was wondering about the same thing. In pre industrial societies, where food production is very labour intensive more than 80% of the population consisted of farmers. Now at one point in the novels it states, that tenner lighteyes mainly live in cities, working as craftsmen and merchants. If the rural population consists more or less exclusively of darkeyes, as it does in Hearthstone, it's fairly safe to assume, that maybe 20 % of the population may be lighteyes.

Edited by Garfield

You also have to take into account the lighteyes vs. darkeyes is only stressed in Vorin countries. Iri, where Adolins mother is from, is typified by their golden hair, tanned skin and yellow eyes. Also, the rare infusion of new Darkeyed shardbearers and the more common tenner dahn to first/second nahn marriages.

Also your precentage might be off for the atheli, being able to soulcast food, not to mention a quadruple yeild crop, random seasons mean food can grow all year round (500 days). A large standing army plus the grain growth is far more compact in the polyps described by Kaladin. I would guess that the percentage of farmers is closer to 60 than 80. Lighteyes to darkeyes percentage would probably be somewhere 30-70.

• Chaos locked this topic