Wax's latest acquisition End of book spoilers

physicskid

presevration and ruihn both can cahrge hemalrugy yes ruin is jsut better because its his

Really? Could you post your source for that? Not that I don't want you to support my claim or that I doubt you, I would just like to see proof for my own sake.

Really? Could you post your source for that? Not that I don't want you to support my claim or that I doubt you, I would just like to see proof for my own sake.

I think he's confusing the quote that says that Ruin is better at powering Allomancy or Feruchemy when it's been given by Hemalurgy, it didn't say he could charge Hemalurgy.

For reference:

CZANOS (17 OCTOBER 2008)
Preservation can fuel Allomancy, (Minus Atium.) but can Ruin fuel Hemalurgy? (Or Atium?) And could Sazed fuel all three Metallic Arts?
BRANDON SANDERSON (17 OCTOBER 2008)
Both gods could, if they wanted, fuel all of the metallic arts. Preservation is stronger at fueling Allomancy, Ruin stronger at fueling Allomancy or Feruchemy when it has been given via a spike. Both are balanced when it comes to Feruchemy. But this rarely comes up in the books, as it required expending power in a way that the gods were hesitant to do.

But powering the allomancy of the earring would essentially be like recharging the spike wouldn't it?

Not really, powering the allomancy doesn't make the allomancy any stronger it just supplants the need for metals. The Mists did make it stronger so it's potentially within the power of the Shards I suppose, but they'd need to power it constantly as opposed to just topping up the power of the spike.

I'd think it's pretty likely that Harmony technically could recharge a spike but I also doubt the Intent would let him spend power like that. He has the power to move planets around if he wants so I doubt there's much he couldn't do with the power if he were able to freely wield it, but as he showed in SoS for now he has to mostly rely on using agents to carry out his will.

hemalurgy is one of 3 metallic arts both can fuel ALL of them

Other than the one I supplied I don't know of any WoB that says so, and as that one says they can power the powers provided by Hemalurgy, it doesn't say anything about charging the spikes themselves.

I'd be pretty surprised if they couldn't but as I said Harmony probably couldn't do so now due to his Intent forcing him to non-intervention mostly.

• Chaos locked this topic