I recorded my voice. I sound a lot younger on recording then I do in real life, but . . . that happens.

And I think I was on too much sugar when I did this. :huh:

It's really quiet, because I don't know where the mic is on this computer, so turn your volume up.

Edited by The Honor Spren

I pick up the accent of whoever I talk with. I can't imitate accents for the life of me, but I steal them in the moment.

I've actually had to translate between dialects of english for my friends before. It was kinda funny. Had to go from thick northeastern (Boston, IIRC) to Washingtonian.

@Mistrunner: What part of Washington are you from? All my friends from there call it soda.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been told I have an Australian accent, but I often have it mistaken for British :P

That's 'cause so many of us uncultured 'Murricans can't tell the difference.

Disclaimer:  I can totally tell the difference between Australian and British accents.  I'm even getting to the point where I can pick out the differences to ID a South African accent.  I cannot, however, discern the difference between Australian and New Zealand accents.  Therein lies my fail.

So, when I'm in Poland I speak mostly "pedantic Polish" with probably some Mazovian influences. Though Polish language has soo many rules in every aspect that there is no room for accents so different from one another as English accents to even appear. Even Polish dialects sound mostly all the same, I think. I seriously doubt that any non-Polish person would be able to recognise any difference in Polish accents. But maybe I'm wrong and you're just better at accent recognition than I am. Because I am really bad at that.  

When I speak English I get quite obvious Polish accent, though not as hard as some people. My English is obviously stiffer and harsher than it should be. And also I use limited number of vowel sounds, as we simply don't have so many vowels in Polish, as you use in English, so it's a little hard for me to remember to try to pronounce them all. 

• Chaos locked this topic