Gold+Duralumin/Nicrosil

kroen

Multiple possible life paths? 

Pushing your conscience into the alternate time-line?

edit: 

I was reading where Vin first used gold. It seemed like there was a latent effect on her, after the gold ran out, where she was struggling with the feelings of both her possible selves. This brings me to a few thoughts...I am starting a new thread.

Edited by Khmauv

• 2 years later...

It seems pretty clear IMO that burning gold conjures up an image of an alternate self that might have existed had one made a different life choice in the past.

When Vin burned gold in TFE she was confronted with the version of herself if she had not joined Kelsier's crew (I think).

When Miles burned gold in AoL he was confronted with his alternate that kept being a lawman in the roughs (I think).

Both of these are relatively recent changing points for both characters, so I'll propose that combining gold with duralumin/nicrosil pushes the changing point further back in time.

So Miles might be confronted with a version of himself that hadn't even become a lawman in the first place.

Vin might be confronted with a version where she'd run away from Reen years earlier.

• Chaos locked this topic