Say Hello to a fellow sharder!

Wax

Hi guys and girls!

I am a fellow fantasy reader!  Used to read a lot of fantasy books, but time constraints (by way of having a family) means I listen to audiobooks rather than read them.  Although for some favourite ones, I'll get a kindle/kobo version to re-read phrases!

Loved Brandon Sanderson's work so far!

Have read(or listened):-

Mistborn triology except the middle book.  Long story,  I loved book 1, but the phrase "ashes are falling" got quite annoying, so I just skipped to book 3.  Having read that one, I could never get into book 2, even though I purchased it!

Alloy of Law

The two legion short stories.

Emperor's Soul

Way of Kings

Words of Radiance

Rithamist

Steelheart

Firefight

Eye of the World (Robert Jordan)

To be read (or listened):

Elantris

Warbreaker

I haven't read Elantris / Warbreaker, simply because of the mixed reviews I had read about them.

I liked eye of the world, but just got bored with the idea of reading another 10 odd books about 3 juvies (it became 14.. gawd!).  Hence, no further take up there.

Do love the stormlight archive heaps!  And that is why I am here!  Absolutely awesome!

The WoK dragged in patches and I didn't rewind to hear passages if I ended up missing them.  But it came together brilliantly towards the end (yeah.. the avalanche)!  But WoR was absolutely sensational!  Absolutely rivetting, and I've been on 4th / 5th re-read of WoR at the moment!!

I am surrounded by people who don't read fantasy books or at least not anymore, having "grown up".  So, I am here to talk about all these books!  Ooh Yeah!

Edited by axcellence

Skipped the second one!? oh well, 2/3 ain't bad i guess. You've read all the best ones so you're all good. 

I feel ya, I have nobody to talk to about these books either, but you'll find plenty of good sanderson conversation here 

Welcome to the 17th Shard! 

Have an upvote,

Beware the cookies 

Welcome to the forums!

Mistborn triology except the middle book.  Long story,  I loved book 1, but the phrase "ashes are falling" got quite annoying, so I just skipped to book 3.  Having read that one, I could never get into book 2, even though I purchased it!

Interesting. Just the other day I was thinking of how to adapt the Mistborn trilogy onto film, and I came to the conclusion that Book 2 doesn't need its own movie. (I'll post my thoughts in the Mistborn forum later.)

Anyway, since you've finished Words of Radiance (multiple times)...

Reread the final Szeth scene with Nale before reading Warbreaker. You're welcome. :)

Edited by skaa

Skipped the second one!? oh well, 2/3 ain't bad i guess. You've read all the best ones so you're all good. 

I feel ya, I have nobody to talk to about these books either, but you'll find plenty of good sanderson conversation here 

Welcome to the 17th Shard! 

Have an upvote,

Beware the cookies 

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!

Interesting. Just the other day I was thinking of how to adapt the Mistborn trilogy onto film, and I came to the conclusion that Book 2 doesn't need its own movie. (I'll post my thoughts in the Mistborn forum later.)

Anyway, since you've finished Words of Radiance (multiple times)...

Reread the final Szeth scene with Nale before reading Warbreaker. You're welcome. :)

Interestingly, I've also thought about the conversion - I just think that the stormlight archive would be a great fit for a tv series, like the GoT.  (except the books don't have anything even close to anything racy).