Well hello there 17th sharders!

RandomRevival

So.....after week a of stalking the forums like a total creep, i''ve finally decided to join this community! So...yay, i guess..... I havent read any of Brandon's Cosmere works, or the majority of his works, actually, partly because my school library doesnt have them, and partly because i keep thinking they will turn out to be like those horrid Lord of the rings books that i hate ( They just seem so...dull, oh, and prove me wrong about the cosmere works if you wish, i really havent picked a single one up) But i am a big fan of his Reckoners and Rithmatist series, and i plan to maybe join the Reckoners role playing game sometime :P. I''ve been stalking the forums long enough to know to run away from any person who claims to give me cookies with spikes in a dark alley (The queen elsa steelheart comercial isnt fooling anyone) and to know that Rainbow sparkle's shipping knows no limits. Oh yeah, and that everyone here use ponies as a communication device of some sort, cant forget the ponies. (seriously, who would make an entire pony vault? Lel, its still hilarious.) So....this is me. Any questions, fellow sharders?

if your worried about them being to dull then i would start with warbreaker it is shorter than the others so if for some reason you don't like it you will be able to finish it quickly.

and by the way im new to 17th shard how do you start a thread

Edited by ars13690
Rude

I feel similarly about The Lord of the Rings these days, but this is largely because I have read Brandon's Cosmere novels and know how much better books can be. Most of those I find better than the Reckoners series. Really can't go wrong here.

I second the Warbreaker suggestion. You can even read it online for free directly from Brandon's website.

The Rithmatist is my favorite non-Cosmere book by Brandon. I can't wait for Brandon to get back to working on the Aztlanian (after Stormlight 3, of course).

Welcome to the 17th Shard! You should definitely read War breaker next, and since it is a stand alone, for now, you don't have to commit to reading a whole series. And I guess I must refrain from offering you a cookie, are there any other baked goods you would want?