Emperor Soul's for the Win!!!

Boom! http://www.17thshard.com/news/brandon-news/the-emperors-soul-gets-a-hugo-nomination-r130

I am so happy it got a nomination. I seriously love this book so much. Of Brandon's works, it's one of his best written. Prose wise, it's that or Way of Kings. It's amazing.

Completely agree with this, as a short piece it evokes brilliant character while still being filled with Realmatic goodies.

• 5 weeks later...

I really need to get the professor who does the sci-fi/fantasy course at the University of Saskatchewan to read it, because it would fit into his course perfectly.  Plus, the course is science fiction heavy as is, so adding in some substantive fantasies would be good, and unlike many fantasies, Emperor's Soul is short enough to fit into a reading list easily.

• 4 months later...

Not gonna lie. I did thoroughly enjoy this book. Yes, it was brief. But that was the best part, imo. It contained so much in such a small punch. A whole new magic system, realmatic theory, and characters and a plot you enjoy. Being an author is part of taking an abstract concept and making it understandable to the average reader. And Forgery is definitely a pretty crazy concept (But hey, so is "burning metals", but it works) And Sanderson just has the ability to make all of that seem so natural and obvious with his writing.

• Chaos locked this topic