Mraize's baffling curiosities?

ljósmóður

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere - I couldn't find any threads about  it.

So, in terms of the Cosmere, I've read all the Mistborns, all of the Stormlight Archive and Warbreaker but not Elantris, any of the short works nor the unpublished ones (yet!). And Mraize's "collection" in chapter 43 'The Ghostbloods' is bugging me! 

I know Mraize is a worldhopper so I'm presuming that the things Shallan sees are all cosmere related? What are they and to which world do they pertain? Do we know?

"A vial of white sand. A couple of thick hairpins. A lock of golden hair. The branch of a tree with writing on it she couldn't read. A silver knife. An odd flower preserved in some kind of solution ... That chunk of pale pink crystal." (p539, WoR, pt 1, Gollancz)

So - the sand presumably comes from the unpublished novel of the same name? The hair, I thought, might be a sample of the royal locks from Nalthis, the flower - a Tears-of-Edgli (spelling!?) from the same.

Am I right and can anyone help me identify the other stuff?It's one of those little cosmere treasure hunts that I'm itching to understand!

• Chaos locked this topic