A Fiery Introduction

pi_rho_man

Hello All,

I've lurked for months and finally decided in making an account.  As for books read, I've read all of Mistborn, Emperor's Soul, Stormlight, Warbreaker, and Elantris.  Probably should have listed what I have not read!

Hobby!  I engage in photography, with an obsession towards old lenses.  I use 50 year old lenses for most of the shots I take. Specifically, 50mm F1.4 Takumar and 135mm F3.5 Takumar are the main lenses I use.

Look forward to posting here,

Robbie

Hello All,

I've lurked for months and finally decided in making an account.  As for books read, I've read all of Mistborn, Emperor's Soul, Stormlight, Warbreaker, and Elantris.  Probably should have listed what I have not read!

Hobby!  I engage in photography, with an obsession towards old lenses.  I use 50 year old lenses for most of the shots I take. Specifically, 50mm F1.4 Takumar and 135mm F3.5 Takumar are the main lenses I use.

Look forward to posting here,

Robbie

Hey, welcome to the forums. Glad to have you here. Ready to start your decent into madness yet? If so, have a cookie.

Hey, welcome to the forums. Glad to have you here. Ready to start your decent into madness yet? If so, have a cookie.

It depends. What type of cookie?  If it's a raisin cookie, and you promised chocolate chip...

I would rather not describe what I would do then.  Trust issues ensue, you know?

Also, thanks for the upvote!  Probably meaningless, but meaningless numbers makes people happy!

Oh, it's chocolate chip, don't worry. Most of our cookies are.

Have another upvote! I can see that you are a overly rational cynic (personality type: xNTx). Me too. I like that. Don't discount emotion too much in the workings of life, kolo? :P It's there for a reason, sul.

Excellent. Glad to hear it.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your full type? I'm a strong ENTJ, with almost complete preference toward all of my traits. My enneagram type is 8 with a 7 wing, as well. I will rule you one day, once I get anough upvotes to pass Kobold King...

And more on topic:

Which Cosmere book is your favorite?

How 'bout

I never truly followed the enneagram types.  I think I scored 5 at one point?  Possibly.

If I had to stab myself at one personality, it would be XNTP.  If I had to choose, I would probably lean slightly toward I.  I find Myer Briggs an approximation, a guideline, for the most part. IT poses not absolute truth, but a place of orbit.  My type flutters depending on where and when I take a test.  Mostly between INTJ, INTP, and ENTP.  I would almost never receive ENTJ.

It partially has to ascertain to environment.  IN highschool, for example, I attended an especially rigorous school, by far the hardest in my state.  This structured environment ultimately lead me to consistently scoring INTJ..

if you need me, I will be in the background philosophizing and theorizing.  I would rather not rule. I'd prefer to be an adviser.

Hmm.  Probably the Mistborn books.  Specifically, the first one of Mistborn. I really like Vin, less liking towards Elend.  A reread is about to commence, though, so I may change my mind!  Yourself?

Edited by pi_rho_man

Re: approximation, I totally agree. For most people, that is true. However, I fit the description of an ENTJ so well that it's a little scary.

My personal favorite is Warbreaker. I love the writing, the magic, the characterization, just everything about the book appeals to me on many levels.

Also, thanks for the upvote!  Probably meaningless, but meaningless numbers makes people happy!

Welcome to 17th Shard my friend! Don"t discredit the power of an upvote my friend, soon you'll be watching your score climb and truly appreciate its power(But yes overall they are meaningless, they just give immense satisfaction at times). Whilst we are at it, have another!

Welcome to the Forum, friend. It seems like you're really enjoying Sanderson, and I must say that you came to the right place to share that with the Internet. Have a nice time on 17th Shard! Hope to see your rank from upvotes get to 10,000 by the next Cosmere novel release ;)