Soulcasting Harder With People Watching?

Smidge

The king's soulcasters do their work at night or otherwise try to stop people from watching their work. It's generally assumed this is because they want to keep their work and methods secret. Maybe also to hide the appearance of the soulcasters themselves. What if they have a more practical reason - it's harder to soulcast with a lot of people watching? Soulcasting takes place in the cognitive realm, which is effected by the minds of people in the area. Could a lot of people watching an object anchor it more the way it is?

I guess traveling into different realms would take alot of concentration.

but is could be a connection thing though. imagine the cognitive realm is a website, a soulcaster is trying to post something but there are hundreds of people viewing the site, even if they're not posting anything them being there causes lag and makes it harder for the Soulcaster to post.

sorry for the nerdy analogy but i hope you get the jist. if more people are in the cognitive realm, even if they're not soulcasting they are taking up space in the realm therefore making it harder for the soulcaster to do their job  

When I first started reading this post I was like 'No silly it says right in the book. . .. Oh. . . That actually makes sense.' :)

I mean, we know the Cognitive Relm shows the things around the Soulcaster becuse Shallen goes to find her stick. You're theory makes a lot of sense.

• Chaos locked this topic