Hello!

Coneboi

Hello, my name is Brandon Teasley and I am somewhat new to Brandon Sanderson. Brandon Sanderson reeled me in as a fan with his first two books of "The Stormlight Archive" ("The Way of Kings" and "Words of Radiance), not because his first name is the same as mine. I am now reading his Mistborn Trilogy, having just finished "The Well of Ascension" and starting "The Hero of Ages", and am still amazed at how he creates his world so immersively. I want someone to talk to about his books but no one I know is willing to dig into his massive, daunting, and colorful books, which I guess proves that you shouldn't judge books by their covers...or size. Feel free to friend me on Goodreads at "Brandon Teasley" and I look forward to meeting other fans of Brandon Sanderson.

Yeah, Szeth is awesome! I can't wait for his book in the SA. One of my favorites is Siri, from Warbreaker, which by the way, is the awesomest Cosmere book. Have you read it?

And have you been lurking here at all, or is this your first time being on?

For most of them, you just post in the thread and say that you'd like to join. The founder of the Guild or one of their deputies will talk to you pretty quickly. It's fun bit of 17s culture. Some guilds involve some minor role-playing, but mostly, it's a laid-back environment. We do have Guild Wars occasionally. Just check out the Anti-Bakery vs. The Dark Alley thread for one of those.

In the Dark Alley, you would be required to sell a spiked cookie to a newbie like yourself before officially becoming part if the DA.

For the Root Beer Guild, you just have to like root beer.

There are, of course, many more guilds, but those are just the two that I'm part of.

Have an upvote and a spik cookie!

It's generally considered bad sales technique to notify the victim person in any way that they might not be getting a cookie. Save the strikethrough text until they eat it. Besides, I already sold one here.