"You are not permitted to register a user account with this community"

ostrichofevil

I'm helping my friend to register an account, but he gets an error saying "You are not permitted to register a user account with this community".  We tried registering on both my computer and his, but they both give the error.  I think that our IPs may be banned, since I've signed in with this account on this IP, so can an administrator please fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

Ya thats the message I was getting trying to register the last two weeks until I found the chat room and got help from Shivertongue.

Need to figure out what is causing that issue for future applicats... who knows how many have tried and jsut never tried again not being able to register.

I've gotten emails. The spam service is saying some emails are spam is all. I don't know what to do about it since it's on the weakest setting, but it does catch a lot of spam. This has been a new problem in the past month. *shrug*

When I was trying to register, I tried two of my Primary e-mails.

One Gmail and 1 Hotmail. the Hot mail I have had for nearly 15 years... the Gmail for as long as gmail has been around...

This being the type of e-mails msot people use? Yahoo and such being just as easy to sign up for?

You would think the Verification process would/should get you past the spam filter.