chasmfiend

taveren

considering the size of the shattered plains how many were they really killing. it took them 2 weeks to make it to the center of the plains and when they go kill chasmfiends they only go to areas a few hours away. if they only hunted in this small area that leaves the rest of the plains open for them to wander around safely. it also makes me wonder why the parshendi needed to fight over them at all since they have the whole plains to hunt while avoiding the alethi. the only thing i could think of was that the chasmfiends only pupate in that small area for some reason but that doesn't seem likely.

I believe that this has already been discussed a bit. One of the reasons is that the chasmfiends probably prefer to pupate in the region between the tower and the western edge of the plains (those plateaus would, presumably, be the thickest). The second reason is that gathering gemhearts was never really a priority for the Parshendi anyway. They were mostly just trying to show a strong presence to prevent the Alethi from advancing towards the center (something which they probably would have started doing if the Parshendi had stopped contesting Gemhearts)

Edited by mckeedee123

• Chaos locked this topic