A New Challenger Approaches...

Vision

So I was introduced to Brandon Sanderson a couple weeks ago somehow by tvtropes.org (something to do with lightning-paced endings and Branderson being a master at them... just looked it up, Gambit Pileup was the trope), which was already my favorite website and now has been firmly cemented in place forever. So I've been bingeing whenever possible. Started with Warbreaker because, well, it's free on his website. Somehow I was lucky enough to discover him while Way of Kings was free, so I grabbed that and read it shortly after. Now in possession of the original Mistborn trilogy, an addiction to Writing Excuses, and a firm idea for a Christmas wishlist. 

Decided I might as well make my obsession official and create an account over here, though the depth some of you theorize to is admittedly somewhat intimidating. Perhaps I'll be inspired by my username (created by an attempt to simulate an Intent) and come up with a unique idea every once in a while. Still have quite a few books to read, thankfully, and while I'm anxious to get 'caught up' with the rest of the fandom, I'm worried that I'll run out of stories far too quickly. The Final Empire took me two days, and I definitely thought it would last longer (especially with college to worry about). I guess Writing Excuses will soothe withdrawal for a while ;)

Non shard stuffs... I like Nintendo, as you may have inferred from the title. Mega-hyped for the recently announced MM3D, as I've wanted it for a while now. TV... I like Avatar:TLA and Chuck. And by like, I mean those are masterpieces and are my favorite shows ever. Nothing will dethrone them; I may add to that list in the future, but removal would be unthinkable. Music, my power trio is The Killers, Keane, and Snow Patrol. Sport to play is soccer. And I'll stop there.

Anyways, nice to meet you all, and have an excellent, um, time, day, night, week, whatever. 

Welcome to the Madness.

Here, have an upvote and a complimentary cookie. Take two cookies if you wish.

(Ignore what others say about the cookies, they're just jealous)

MM3D! YES! So Stoked! It's about time it happened. Favorite Zelda game? Favorite Smash fighters?

And what kind of Bender would you be?

And since this is the 17th shard, Who's one of your favorite characters?

Welcome to 17th Shard! What is your favourite Sanderson book? I also like Avatar TLA   :)

That's a very difficult question... pretty sure any choice I make will be completely arbitrary and subject to change on the slightest whim. But for the sake of answering, I'll go with, um, Way of Kings, I suppose. Current arbitrary reasoning: the book, while great in and of itself, totally feels like the setup for a seriously breathtaking epic (perhaps because that's exactly what it is). Which is ridiculously exciting.

Welcome to the Madness.

Here, have an upvote and a complimentary cookie. Take two cookies if you wish.

(Ignore what others say about the cookies, they're just jealous)

MM3D! YES! So Stoked! It's about time it happened. Favorite Zelda game? Favorite Smash fighters?

And what kind of Bender would you be?

And since this is the 17th shard, Who's one of your favorite characters?

I almost took you up on your cookie offer, but then you had to go and offer two.

(I'll be honest, I have no idea what shardcookies are/represent. But offering two cookies to a new member is just plain suspicious :P)

Favorite Zelda? Well, I hate to be cliché, but I have to go with Ocarina of Time (MM3D will be my first MM experience, however, so final judgment is definitely pending). It just epitomizes the franchise in almost every meaningful way. There hasn't been a single game I've disliked, though, which definitely makes the choice tougher. As for Smash fighters, my current main is Link (surprise surprise), but I also really want to 'git gud' (Stormfather I hate that phrase!) with Mega Man, Lucario, Shulk, and Robin. Eventually.

I'm an Earthbender for sure. Which has been leveled up drastically recently with the addition of advanced metalbending and freaking lavabending. Can't say I'm displeased in the slightest with these new developments.

Favorite characters... well I'm really liking Sazed so far (1/2 done with Well of Ascension). I love his intense curiosity and sense of duty/friendship conflicting with the seemingly reasonable expectations of his people. Also really liking Vin's and OreSeur's dynamic. Maybe these opinions are just because I'm reading Mistborn books atm, but who knows? (Also, Lightsong is an obvious copout that I will refrain from using.)

How about you?

Ah, you're not actually supposed to take the second one. The offering of a second cookie is to make the giver seem generous, and the guest polite. So allay your worries and only take one. We don't make shardcookies anyway, though you may have given me an incredible idea.

OoT was a great game. My personal favorite was Wind Waker, which may be my all time favorite game.

When it comes to Smash, I am also a Link user, with Falco, Kirby, and Young/Toon Link being my secondaries.

Correct Choice. Earthbending is definitely the best.

Some of my favorite Characters are Hoid, Nightblood, Wayne, Szeth, The Lopen, and Ishikk. 

We don't make shardcookies anyway, though you may have given me an incredible idea.

Interesting! I will tentatively accept a cookie and may even partake of its alluring ominousness. 

I actually took one of those usually lame personality tests to determine my bending power. This test was actually pretty well thought out, so I'm confident in my choice not being solely based on which is the most powerful/coolest/etc.

Ah, you're not actually supposed to take the second one. The offering of a second cookie is to make the giver seem generous, and the guest polite. So allay your worries and only take one. We don't make shardcookies anyway, though you may have given me an incredible idea.

OoT was a great game. My personal favorite was Wind Waker, which may be my all time favorite game.

When it comes to Smash, I am also a Link user, with Falco, Kirby, and Young/Toon Link being my secondaries.

Correct Choice. Earthbending is definitely the best.

Some of my favorite Characters are Hoid, Nightblood, Wayne, Szeth, The Lopen, and Ishikk. 

Airbender here :)