Talenelat's honor blade

nimvin

What I am wondering is where is it?

At the end of WoR the Stormfather tells Dalinar "have to divest (himself) of that ... monstrosity that you carry." Dalinar proceeds to break the bond with his shardblade but while he is doing so he hears the blades screams in his head. This is supposed to be Talenelat's blade from when Dali ar bonded it to trick Amaram.

We know that an honorblade will not scream in a radiant's head when he holds it from after Kaladin retrieves Szeth's blade after their fight. So that means this is not Talenelat's blade. Where is it?

My prime suspect is Hoid. He shows up and is waiting for the herald's arrival in Kholinar and this would be the easiest place to trade out a different shardblade for an honorblade. We believe Hoid is a lightweaver like Shallan so does this offer him 2 more surges to have access to? Would he want it? Is it for someone else?

And just because he's the most likely suspect doesn't mean he IS the culprit. So anyone have any ideas where Taln's honorblade is?

I just wanna point out, Brandon never said it wasn't Hoid that took it his answer, maybe intentionally, left room for it to be possible. He said Hoid dint switch out the blades and that he has no Honorblades currently. This leaves some wiggle room as far im concerned. Though ill admit it will have to be a solution that would probably be semi-convoluted at best so I don't think Brandon will do that.

I just wanna point out, Brandon never said it wasn't Hoid that took it his answer, maybe intentionally, left room for it to be possible. He said Hoid dint switch out the blades and that he has no Honorblades currently. This leaves some wiggle room as far im concerned. Though ill admit it will have to be a solution that would probably be semi-convoluted at best so I don't think Brandon will do that.

Exacly

And regarding that WoB refuses to say Taln is really Taln, maybe hes just playing as well. Like, Taln just isn't Taln cause something happened with him that changed him in a way that in pratice Taln cant be considered as Taln, the Herald, anymore...

I dont know i just think this kind of stuff because i know that if I was BS i wouls try to trick ny readers hehe

• Chaos locked this topic