skybreaker = dauntless

SkyRunner

Did someone just make a comparison between Divergent and SA? My eyes are bleeding :ph34r:

No seriously, despite my growing hate for anything written by Veronica Roth :ph34r: , to answer the original poster, I would say Dustbringers would fit better within the Dauntless. They are the reckless ones (brave), they have red as their color (and matching eyes when drawing stormlight), they have the bad reputation among the Orders.

Skybreakers appears like the goodie-doers of the Orders, always upholding the law to the letter. Dustbringers seem to have a somewhat looser interpretation of morality which fits well with Dauntless who have little morality whatsoever.

Did someone just make a comparison between Divergent and SA? My eyes are bleeding :ph34r:

No seriously, despite my growing hate for anything written by Veronica Roth :ph34r: , to answer the original poster, I would say Dustbringers would fit better within the Dauntless. They are the reckless ones (brave), they have red as their color (and matching eyes when drawing stormlight), they have the bad reputation among the Orders.

Skybreakers appears like the goodie-doers of the Orders, always upholding the law to the letter. Dustbringers seem to have a somewhat looser interpretation of morality which fits well with Dauntless who have little morality whatsoever.

This

I only read the books because a really close friend asked me to and I couldn't say no. I would agree that either the dustbringers or the Edgedancers would fit better.

This

I only read the books because a really close friend asked me to and I couldn't say no. I would agree that either the dustbringers or the Edgedancers would fit better.

I think the Edgedancers are too much like dandies for the Dauntless.... And the loving/healing attribute? Not very Dauntless-like who are basically just adrenaline junkies. I mean, who jumps in and out of trains just for fun?

I thought of that, but was mostly thinking of how much fun the dauntless would have with zero friction.

True enough. I was just thinking how the Dustbringers being "obedient" may not be such a good match after all.... I guess we have to fault Veronica Roth for writing such uni dimensional characters :o

I don't know if the Skybreakers were ever do-gooders, really, I mean, they're like Military Police... who-watches-the-watchmen right? 

They're the Just and the Confident. 

They're the ones with Division and Gravitation.

Indeed, with powers like those, and those attributes, it makes sense that they have to be bound so tightly by the law to the extent of it being their guiding light, I'd worry if they had the freedom of the Lightweavers. 

I don't know if the Skybreakers were ever do-gooders, really, I mean, they're like Military Police... who-watches-the-watchmen right? 

They're the Just and the Confident. 

They're the ones with Division and Gravitation.

Indeed, with powers like those, and those attributes, it makes sense that they have to be bound so tightly by the law to the extent of it being their guiding light, I'd worry if they had the freedom of the Lightweavers. 

Well, upholding the law no matter what the circumstances does sound a little do-gooders, no? I am not saying they should carry Lightweavers carelessness, but they still are quite rigid. They seem more rigid than the Windrunners and the Bondsmiths which are quite intense in there upholding of morality, so yeah I do see them as a little stuck-up? Sorry :ph34r: They are still bad asses, but stuck-up bad asses :ph34r:

Well, upholding the law no matter what the circumstances does sound a little do-gooders, no? I am not saying they should carry Lightweavers carelessness, but they still are quite rigid. They seem more rigid than the Windrunners and the Bondsmiths which are quite intense in there upholding of morality, so yeah I do see them as a little stuck-up? Sorry :ph34r: They are still bad asses, but stuck-up bad asses :ph34r:

Well, I don't really see the law as a good thing. Or, at least, not always. 

I see the Skybreakers as less Judge Dredd and more Javert. 

Well, Javert is a stuck-up of sort, no? I like the comparison with Judge Dredd as this is exactly how I pictured them, the real Skybreakers, mind, not the things Nalan is currently running. Those are Javerts, really.

Skybreakers would also be real party poopers.... Never doing well in social meeting, remaining in their corners and looking at everyone with a reproachful glance :ph34r:  Try to imagine Szeth in a party :o  Dandy Edgedancers probably are the real party goers together with emotion-crazed Dustbringers :D

Every time somebody slams Roth my finger twitches with glee at the upvote button. I'm passing these things out like cheap cigars and now I'm all out. Anyways, according to Brandon Skybreakers are the MP's of the KR, so interpret that as you will. I'm going to have to agree, however, that they don't really fit the 1D archetype of the dauntless very well, and we don't know enough about the other orders, particularly the Dustbringers, to try fitting another into that comparison. I'd say if there's a decent fit, we haven't seen it yet.

Every time somebody slams Roth my finger twitches with glee at the upvote button. I'm passing these things out like cheap cigars and now I'm all out. Anyways, according to Brandon Skybreakers are the MP's of the KR, so interpret that as you will. I'm going to have to agree, however, that they don't really fit the 1D archetype of the dauntless very well, and we don't know enough about the other orders, particularly the Dustbringers, to try fitting another into that comparison. I'd say if there's a decent fit, we haven't seen it yet.

Dauntless each are clones of on another.... except for Triss, but she is divergent, so she gets to be able to think outside the box... So lame. Sorry :ph34r: No order truly are so uni dimensional.

Merrigold?

Tris is the main char is the movie Divergent:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1840309/ (she chose this name it was a short version of her origional name)

Triss is a character in the game Witcher:

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Triss_Merigold

The post was about the movie Divergent. Merigold is the witcher charater's last name.

As to all of Dauntless being clones: Not so much. It is more a similarity of personality. The society in Divergent place like with like. The OP as not returned but I think they mainly are referring to the fearless nature of the Dauntless cast, the fact that they are warriors and all the jumping.

Edited by trixster

I would say Skybreakers fit Candor or Erudite. Candor for the dedication to the truth above all else, or Erudite for intelligence above all else. Emotion is superfluous to both factions. Skybreakers hold law above all else, regardless of individual or what is "right". Dauntless on the other hand is all emotion (anger, passion, etc). Dauntless are just used as the policing force because they are "fearless", so are trained as an army. 

• Chaos locked this topic