Parshendi as squire

We know that the parshendi's relationship with spren is different then that with humans, so it is  safe to assume that they can not become knights radiant. But what about a parshendi being a squire to a knight? We already know that a few of bridge four are squires because they glowed in the last battle.(everything past this is speculation) We do not know yet what makes somebody a squire but it my personal theory that it requires their knight to see them as exemplifying the straight that their specific order is based around.  Ex. kaladin seeing somebody with incredible honor, they have a chance of becoming a squire. Another theory of mine is that squires and their knight share one spren, so mabey  Railn might become a squire to kaladin

First, interesting theory!  I never considered that Rlain/Shen might become one of Kaladin's squires.  I don't actually know what is required to be a squire, but my own theory on the matter is that someone needs to have a subordinate relationship to the Radiant and live the ideals of the order.  I don't know that anything is required on the part of the Radiant, but I could be wrong.  After all, healing with stormlight happens based on self perception.

I disagree that we know that a Parshendi can't become a Radiant.  Their natural relationship with spren is different as they seem to absorb the things into themselves, and from the epigraphs we know that spren prefer humans to Parshendi, but that doesn't seem strong enough proof for me to accept that it is impossible.

We have a WoB stating Parshendi were not previously allowed to be Radiants, but that things were changing. One of the WoB clearly stated Parshendi squires were not only possible, but likely to happen (or this is how I interpreted it). Rlain will most likely become a Windrunner squire and most theories agree Eshonai will be a Willshaper.

There was a whole thread revolving around the Eshonai particular case with the appropriated WoB listed in it.

We know that the parshendi's relationship with spren is different then that with humans, so it is  safe to assume that they can not become knights radiant. But what about a parshendi being a squire to a knight? We already know that a few of bridge four are squires because they glowed in the last battle.(everything past this is speculation) We do not know yet what makes somebody a squire but it my personal theory that it requires their knight to see them as exemplifying the straight that their specific order is based around.  Ex. kaladin seeing somebody with incredible honor, they have a chance of becoming a squire. Another theory of mine is that squires and their knight share one spren, so mabey  Railn might become a squire to kaladin

It is absolutely not safe to assume that they cannot become Knights Radiant; only that they did not.

I do think it is very likely for Rlain to become a Squire to Kaladin, though.  Sanderson does a lot of explaining how magic works based on this thing called a "Spirtweb".  The thing that is really cool about webs is that they connect several different points together, usually in fascinating or interesting ways and designs.  The Nahel bond is capable of forming when this Spirtweb is cracked, and something comes in to fill the gaps and breaks.  When I think of KR and their Radiants, I simply think of them as, together, forming a giant Web, with the KR filling in the cracks and broken bits connecting them together.  We've seen this with Kaladin and Bridge 4 (and seemingly starting to spread to all of the other Bridge crews), and we also see this to a degree with Shallan and the deserters she saved.

• Chaos locked this topic