Wit and Kaladin *spoilers*

JCHancey

Just got to the part where Kaladin is talking with Hoid and what he says caught my attention:

"I've many." The man took Kaladin's hand. "I began life as a thought, a concept, words on a page. That was another thing I stole. Myself. Another time, I was named for a rock."

"A pretty one, I hope."

"A beautiful one," the man said. "And one that became completely worthless for my wearing it"

I think this is implying that Hoid was a Shardholder. Also that he could be V.

Wait, was that [REDACTED]?  [REDACTED]... I didn't even think about [REDACTED].  Hmm...we should probably limit conversation about [REDACTED], since it has apparently been stolen and cannot be classified as publicly available.  Unless Brandon is giving out copies, or this is a new book.  When I read [REDACTED], I was [REDACTED] that one of the other characters was [REDACTED].  (He said after exhorting people not to talk about it.)

Yeah, I agree with Link here, that we should keep that hush-hush. We can talk about the Liar of Partinel sample chapters (or, say, Scribbler sample chapters), but since that book is not accessible to the public, we should limit our conversation about it. That goes for all unpublished works.

So, I redacted some stuff. Sorry guys.

(Though, it's pretty hilarious to read in its own right. "[REDACTED]... I didn't even think about [REDACTED].")

• Chaos locked this topic