Potential Hemalurgy on Roshar (Major Spoiler for Words of Radiance)

Theorymaker

Hopefully you read the title.

Anyways this is more of a statement than a theory. At the end of WoR, Adolin stabs Sadeas (quite gruesomely) with a knife. And with this WoB we know that Hemalurgy can be used to steal Shardblades. Link

KURKISTAN
Can Hemalurgy be used to steal Shardblades directly, transferring ownership from the victim to the spike's recipient without a need for the recipient to physically take the Shardblade first?

BRANDON SANDERSON
A novel use of Hemalurgy which is not outside the sphere of its powers

It might happen that someone will try to assassinate Adolin and when they try they will be disarmed and have to use Adolin’s knife against him. I’m not saying that the knife has to be a Hemalurgic spike but it would be cool if it was. Thoughts/ideas?
Edited by Theorymaker

In addition, with regards to the laws of Hemalurgy, the investiture stolen from the person diminishes over time, rather rapidly.  This is the reason that people are stabbed through and the metal is usually placed in the person immediately in Mistborn.  

• 4 weeks later...

If Adolin's knife just happened to be made of atium, I would expect this.  However, the knife is probably either steel or iron, which means it could have stolen allomantic physical powers or human strength.  

Also, I am guessing that using hemalurgy off of Scadrial is a little bit more complex.  Otherwise, people on other planets could have figured out iron, tin, zinc, and copper feruchemy long ago.  

This would require Adolin to stab himself with his own combat knive and just let it stick in there, which, unless he tries to commit suicide and Odium (Honor out ´cause shattered and Cultivation is taking a "I don´t care"-vacation) intervienes, seems rather unlikely.

Of course, if Ryse just so happend to take some tricks out of Ati´s book, this could be a good way for him to get a Shardblade dualwielding champion.

I doubt it.  That would require too much explaination in-story, and the whole cosmere sidestory is not necessary to enjoy the series as a standalone series.  Even Nightblood apears to be just a special shardbalde unless you've read Warbreaker.

• Chaos locked this topic