Roshar and the shards which have been there

Ibunnuk

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere and I've just missed it but I've been listening to a couple of Q&A's from last year and in one of them Brandon answers a question by saying tgat technically all of tge shards gave been on roshar. Do we think then that it is possible this could be the place that andolisium was shattered? Or failing that the planet andolisium resided on pre-shattering?

Adonalsium was indeed on Roshar at one point. He left some splinters of his power there too, as Adonspren. There's been some theories (ones I subscribe to) that he was responsible for creating Parshendi, the highstorms, and all of Roshar's wildlife, since we know from another WoB that neither H, O, or C were responsible for creating the Parshendi.

However, Adonalsium was not Shattered on Roshar. Iirc, he was Shattered on Yolen. Roshar could be considered his 'prototype', so to speak, a planet he created before he moved on to Yolen. So the Parshendi really would be the "Ancient Ones"– a race that lived even before humanity existed.

Thank you. I think I remember something about the parshendi not being of Odium originally now that you mention it and I know that Hoid etc were from Yolen but I didn't know that it had veen confirmed that the shattering had actually happened on Yolen.

• Chaos locked this topic