Star’s Inktober 2022 Journey

Zephrun’s Imperium

15 hours ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Day Twelve: Forget

FE3F40B2-3A91-4D9B-9E6A-71264075C539.thumb.jpeg.2726a0fc377399269225cfdf6477c16d.jpeg

I had no idea what to do for this one, but I found a really cute reference that looked like someone had just forgotten something, so I decided to do that. No idea why I picked. Ember as the subject, but it turned out pretty okay! I honestly like the sketch more than the final product.  

She looks as lovely as ever, and it's weird to me that I drew her a whole two years ago now. You're still going strong.

Day Fourteen: Empty

B3B107B0-4B65-4851-8556-FB1DE1CA5DCD.thumb.jpeg.ae648ac093239e87b3debb20c3488317.jpeg

When I filled out what I wanted to do for all the prompts, this was the one of the very last ones that I determined. I’m honestly not sure how I came to the conclusion that Lucky Sliver would be the best fit although he is quite empty before his girlfriend comes along.

8AF6DFE7-BF18-434B-B666-1B7FCD689F1F.thumb.jpeg.bc88de7ff4bcb3fa1b8d1f8190706607.jpeg

So… I’ll be honest, I used to be four drawings ahead and now I am one drawing ahead. That scares me a little bit. I will try to do as much work as possible over my three day weekend, but to say that I am extremely busy this month would be an understatement. I’m honestly amazed that I’ve gotten a drawing out every day so far.

On another note though, thank you so much for the support! My art is really important to me and it is definitely a risk to share it with people. It’s really inspiring to see so many people trying Inktober at all different levels. To anyone reading this who might do art of their own, I would give as much encouragement as possible. Art is such a personal thing, and anyone who dares to do it is brave. Particularly if you’re just starting out, I would encourage you to continue, even if it seems like you are not nearly good as you would like to be. I promise that with time you will improve and that you will be amazed with what you can accomplish. Thanks everyone!

Day Fifteen: Armadillo 

22337187-2AA0-40EA-A475-02DD7A63472A.thumb.jpeg.11a021499b56223e693433c2f77d4a67.jpeg

So… I didn’t finish this one. I was absolutely in love with how it started, but when I added ink, it just didn’t look good at all. Beyond that… “Armadillo?” What the heck was I supposed to do for that?! I decided to go with Sophie - a character that I have since gotten rid of - because she has force fields as her magical power. Force fields make a shell kind of like an armadillo??? So… it works???

91F5A40C-5AB0-4D52-8EBA-B9FD9E5E6006.thumb.jpeg.fdb58c7364f111f660b10bd9fafc382e.jpeg

Chasms! These are all so storming good!!!!!!

Also... is there a place to read the Nicolae and Fischer novel? I saw an excerpt somewhere and now I wanna read it. Your drawings have hooked me in further!

Edited by Cinnamon

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Also... is there a place to read the Nicolae and Fischer novel? I saw an excerpt somewhere and now I wanna read it. Your drawings have hooked me in further!

Heck yes there is! Here’s the link to the third draft; it’s a work in progress, but let me know what you think of it!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PqDHrpR74ITTl2bFeC3Z7MsSR2fm5f5d06gh2Xw74zQ/edit