Original Magic Idea: Metalbinding

JustQuestin2004

Hey, JustQuestin here, I've got an idea I want to use but I want help to flesh it out.

This idea is creating a new Magic System based on the principles of Surgebinding and the Metallic Arts, specifically Spren and the 16 Metals.

So the basic outline (if you could even call it that) I have for this is that during the Catacendre, some things go a little wrong and bits of Ruin and Preservation are Splintered off and become similar to Spren, they end up deciding to mimic the Nahel Bond (Don't ask why they'd know about it they just do) but they have to use certain Metals as sort of middlemen for the bond to work, the 16 Metals to be precise.

The core of this is from a newspaper article from the Second Era of Mistborn, the one with an ad that has 'K and N' asking people to come to them if they notice they're metal tools start talking to them.

I don't quite know what the powers granted from this would be, nor how exactly one would gain this bond aside from having a Connection to a piece of metal, like a bracelet or something.

Thoughts?

I think that this is a really interesting idea! I would like to see this happen. 

BTW, you should post further theories in the theory boards under whatever category you think they fit in. This one would probably go under Cosmere Discussion. This forum is just for introducing yourself to the community. No worries though, I love your ideas!

9 hours ago, Morningtide said:

I think that this is a really interesting idea! I would like to see this happen. 

BTW, you should post further theories in the theory boards under whatever category you think they fit in. This one would probably go under Cosmere Discussion. This forum is just for introducing yourself to the community. No worries though, I love your ideas!

Thanks I'll do that.