Hit me with your best theories! Need a new rabbit hole

CognitiveShadow

Question

So I’ve read it all and I’ve listened to the podcasts and I’m trying to find new things to theorize and ponder on. Hit me with your favorite and/or craziest theories that have you excited right now! I’m looking for a new rabbit hole to explore while I wait for the new Wax and Wayne book to come out haha any and all spoilers welcome! Pretty sure I’ve read everything Cosmere related at this point so if I don’t know it already it’s my own fault for not paying close enough attention lol

5 answers to this question

Weird, semi-kinda-not-really-plausible theory:

Hoid's quest: put Adonalsium back together after killing all the Shards with bits of their own Investiture.

Why?

Because Adonalsium was one of many gods in the universe outside the Cosmere, the god of sapience (because Investiture comes to life), and the gods outside the Cosmere hired Hoid to put him back together and bring balance back to the universe.

I know this theory is probably completely ridiculous, but I like picturing Hoid as a cosmic bounty hunter. :P 

6 minutes ago, Stormblessed0421 said:

Hoid's quest: put Adonalsium back together after killing all the Shards with bits of their own Investiture.

Why?

Because Adonalsium was one of many gods in the universe outside the Cosmere, the god of sapience (because Investiture comes to life), and the gods outside the Cosmere hired Hoid to put him back together and bring balance back to the universe.

I know this theory is probably completely ridiculous, but I like picturing Hoid as a cosmic bounty hunter. :P 

Would this be possible? As I understood it adonalsium could not be reformed as some shards are shattered and thus couldnt be combined with other shards

2 hours ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

Would this be possible? As I understood it adonalsium could not be reformed as some shards are shattered and thus couldnt be combined with other shards

It is possible to recombined splintered shard:

Questioner
My thought is, you know how the Stormfather in Oathbringer says he's not able, or he's never seen Dalinar be able to create the bridge. Does that mean Honor could be reborn?

Brandon Sanderson
So, there are things standing in the way, but cosmereologically, it is fully possible that another person could become Honor. The Vessel that was holding Honor before is gone. Though the Stormfather is kind of his Cognitive Shadow at this point, in a way. But the power, something else could be done with it. Or it could remain in the state it is now. Your answer is yes, but there are some hindrances along the way.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/385/#e12580

so it might be possible to also recpmbine adonalsium.

Edited by offer

5 hours ago, Stormblessed0421 said:

Why?

I think this is great, I have also wondered about what Hoid is trying to do and it seems totally possible that he is trying to unbreak and reforge Ado. I don’t know the mechanics of how one does that, but he does seem to be building connections (capital C?) through learning the different magic systems and obtaining abilities to use them… would be interesting if he started killing all the vessels now haha