Honorblades have two forms

Ketek

Disclaimer: This theory will mostly be based on the assumption that the Radiants' order glyphs were based on the Honorblades of their patrons.

Anyway, I think that the Honorblades have an 'uncharged' and 'charged' form, and that it reverts to the former under circumstances I have yet to determine.

For example, note that Taln's Honorblade was akin to a giant spike. This corresponds to the Stonewards' glyph, which shows a spike-like blade in the middle:

However, Jezrien's Honorblade does not look like his Honorblade. We have this, and then we have these two:

Szeth.jpg

zoom_wordsofradiance.jpg

They clearly do not match. Therefore, I propose that they have at least two forms, which may be related to why the Honorblades consume Stormlight. Perhaps it requires the Investiture to turn into its 'charged' form, and in the process perhaps improve one's ability to hold in Stormlight + other esoteric skills.

I'm afraid I do not agree. Divide the glyph in half, and the former middle part is almost exactly the same shape as the sword, up to and including the swirl of the base above the hilt.

I was going based on the idea that the exact middle is the sword itself, and that the embellishments were the outer parts. Although you might have a point - symmetry is pretty big in Vorin culture after all.

• Chaos locked this topic