Shallan's Lullaby by Vi Hart

Inkthinker

https://soundcloud.com/vihartvihart/sleep-my-baby-dear-shallans-lullaby-from-words-of-radiance-by-brandon-sanderson

I think I got here before anyone beat me to it. :D

A performance of Shallan's lullaby, by Vi Hart. It's as haunting as the scenes it accompanies.

I don't think it counts as spoilers unless you know what happens as she sings this song... then I defy you not to feel a bit of chill.

Wow, I didn't even think to share it here when I first heard it... It is, perhaps, the best interpretation of the lullaby I've heard to date, but I still can't make myself like that part, I think about a third of the way in, where the volume spikes up drastically. It's probably 15 seconds total, but it feels off to me (though I understand why it's there, and I agree with that).

Still, Vi Hart is now a confirmed reader of both Brandon and Pat (and an active supporter of net neutrality), and this is a very good thing indeed.

This only helps to further confirm my belief that Vi Hart is one of the most amazing humans on this planet. She even managed to incorporate symmetry (at least, so she claims; I'm not exactly the best at picking out those types of things). Nonetheless, absolutely beautiful. 1.35 gives me chills every time.

• Chaos locked this topic