Diagram

Asejet

Brandon added prophetic element that every fantasy book contains at somepoint.

So it creates power struggle to save the world between various faction on Roshar.

Ghostbloods(intents unknown) , knight radiants(in building process) and Diagram(with massive support and already active).

Is Dalinar going to ally with Mr.Genius ?Or decided go with much clean path the path Nohadon suggest?

Ideally, every human allies and works together to stop the Desolation. For some reason, I doubt this is going to happen. An alliance between Dalinar and Taravangian is ultimately doomed to failure, because the instant the Radiants learn what Taravangian has done, the alliance is over. The First Ideal would prohibit it. Then again, it's not like it's the First Ideal is that important... so perhaps I can trust in Dalinar to do the distasteful smart thing and ally with Taravangian.

I think it is Safe to say that Dalinar won't ally himself with Mr.T it goes against hi rules and probably also against his Ideals, Mr. T has already broken the First Ideal on a number of cases.

I mean, "Journey before Destination", Mr. T obviously think his ends will jusstify his means, it doesn't. so no Dalinar won't team up with the Diagram (unless their is no other choice or, Mr. T changes his ways dramatically)

Ideally, every human allies and works together to stop the Desolation. For some reason, I doubt this is going to happen. An alliance between Dalinar and Taravangian is ultimately doomed to failure, because the instant the Radiants learn what Taravangian has done, the alliance is over. The First Ideal would prohibit it. Then again, it's not like it's the First Ideal is that important... so perhaps I can trust in Dalinar to do the distasteful smart thing and ally with Taravangian.

It seems we thought of the exact same thing, Lol.

If Dalinar refused to forge alliance Mr. Genious is likely try to destroy KR . There is other option of manipulating them to do his bidding.

And we forgot the threat he has from Szeth. Szeth know about their dirty work and so skybreakers pass their judgement to execute him.

Also there are lot of things diagram spoke of..

And we forgot the threat he has from Szeth. Szeth know about their dirty work and so skybreakers pass their judgement to execute him.

Taravangian is king, and can just pardon himself. I don't think he has much to worry about on that end, though we don't know what law Skybreakers have to follow.

Edited by Moogle

I think the answer to that is generally, "Whichever one  they want to." An argument could be made that, as king, Taravangian is not subject to his own laws, and so the laws of a greater authority hold him instead - and if, for instance, that greater authority was the Almighty or the Heralds, well... Handy they've got one, isn't it?

Taravangian is king, and can just pardon himself. I don't think he has much to worry about on that end, though we don't know what law Skybreakers have to follow.

The Stone Shamanate is the government of the Valley of Truth and similarly incapable of doing wrong by their own laws.  It doesn't seem to be stopping Nale -_- .

So the most eligible person to decrypt Diagram would be Jashanah from Radiants side.

I don't think she could. Or at least, not in time. The followers of the Diagram have a number of benefits:

• They've had years to decode it.
  • They have the translation key.
  • They had Taravangian himself to help on his smart days.
  • They have the Death Rattles.

I don't think Jasnah could decode it in time for it to be very useful, even if she had a thousand helpers. Plus, apparently a lot of it is open to interpretation, and some of it most certainly wrong.

Though Mr. T does have that handy binder of the translations, all in one place, while a certain illusionist with experience at sneak-theiving using her power begins to infiltrate the tangled web of Rosharian secret societies.

This does bring up a certain inconvenient oath. "You will never steal from me, or anyone else, ever again."

Shallan has been pretty bad with those in the past (no Soulcasting!) but I don't know if she'd break that one.

But she'd, by the power of plot, randomly scan the pages she needed to, or at least the one hint in there that they need to base their whole strategy around. Possibly with a lack of context causing it to all go horribly, horribly wrong, but rust happens. Shallan, the Remarkable Human Photocopier.

• Chaos locked this topic