Tranquiline Halls theory/ Warning Spoilers for TwoK, Mistborn Series, Elantris, Warbreaker

bobsaveg

Tranquiline Halls theory/ Warning Spoilers for TwoK, Mistborn Series, Elantris, Warbreaker

Ok I have a theory for the Cosmere. So in TwoK "Vorinism taught that the finest warriors would have the

holy privilege of joining the Heralds after death, fighting to reclaim the Tranquiline Halls". Right?

Here is my theory In all of the other books in the Cosmere that I have read life after is mentioned as a real place. as seen below in Warbreaker, Elantris, and The Hero of Ages.

"He remembered the other side. And he remembered a voice, calm and comforting, offering him an opportunity."

Sanderson, Brandon (2009-06-09). Warbreaker (Tor Fantasy) (p. 629). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

"“Over there,” Karata said, pointing at the far end of the rectangular room, where the wall held only a single mural. It depicted a large mirrorlike blue oval. An Elantrian stood facing the oval, his arms outstretched and his eyes closed. He appeared to be flying toward the blue disk. The rest of the wall was black, though there was a large white sphere on the other side of the oval."

Sanderson, Brandon (2007-04-01). Elantris (p. 281). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

page 281-283 Elantris

A note that Sazed left on the back of the flower picture of Kelsier's.[1]

It is addressed to Spook and mentions Kelsier, Goradel, Rashek, Ruin and the rest of Kelsier's crew. The first paragraph talks about Vin and Elend, and it is revealed that there are 2 extra metals, Bendalloy and Cadmium, yet to be discovered.

"“Spook, I tried to bring them back, but apparently fixing the bodies doesn't return the souls.

I will get better at this with time, I expect. However, be assured that I have spoken with our friends, and they are quite happy where they are. They deserve a rest, I think. "

My theory is what if the old belief of Vorinism is true in a way what if something did happen to the spiritual realm or the heaven of the Cosmere and now there is really going to be a fight to reclaim it? What if that fight takes place or starts on Roshar. Just an idea, but I would like your thoughts on it. Politely please I know my grammar is not so hot.  

Edited by bobsaveg

Great points. My main thought I guess is I am theoryising  what could be the Cosmeres plot. Each world/book had its own plot and catastophe. The plot to the way of Kings is to my knowlege the last desolation defeating Odium and the void bringers. What is the problem with the Cosmere that needs to be fixed? Sanderson mentions this vorinism belief multiple times. Often through the view of each of the main charactors, there has got to be some truth to it that old vorinism has lost or twisted.

Quick note: The Spiritual Realm is NOT the afterlife.  The true afterlife exists beyond the Three Realms.

That's why I said Afterlife-Spiritual, but maybe people get new bodies in afterlife :D Conflicts in spiritual realm are obviously between shards.

Cosmere plot imo: Hoid is trying to recreate Adonalsium > 17th shard is against that > Hoid dies > Sazed gets all the shards.

Basically my theory is that to recreate pure Adonalsium you should bind all the shards together without any holders. Problem is that it will most likely destroy or harm already existing world. 17th shard wants to keep world safe and put all the parts together as well, because they don't need any uncontrolled shards with bad intents running around shattering other shards, bringing chaos and trying to destroy worlds. If you put all the shards together it becomes neutral just like Harmony, so that's the best way to get it under control. Hoid feels like its his fault that Adonalsium shattered because of him and he destroyed world more important than current one so he'll do anything to recreate Adonalsium. But there might be some other big bad, opposite of Adonalsium is as good a guess as any so Hoid, 17thshard and all the good guys unite to fight that dude. It's gonna be happy ending any way, world is saved but everyone dies kinda happy ending. Can't see Hoid alive after Cosmere plot is resolved...

Edited by Cracknut

• Chaos locked this topic