I wasn't sure if someone had done this already (as I looked through the forums and couldn't find anything), but I used Harakeke's handy list of Alethi glyphs taken from Thaylenah symbols (found here: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/6487-thaylen-and-alethi-glyph-translation/page-3) and used them to translate part of one of Nazh's maps from Words of Radiance. Unfortunately, it offered nothing especially insightful in this case (but maybe on a later Stormlight Archive illustration).

There were a few things I didn't know how to translate, though. For example, the two words near the top left look like lth kr, but I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. The word on the banner near the bottom right looks like rthrn. The words next to the blue castle look like zttrd flnsand the blue word that shows up a few times in the water next to "danger" looks like zfwrkt. Does anyone have an idea? I think the symbol for might be wrong, but if it happens to be, I don't know what it's supposed to be.

*Harakeke also noted that the compass rose says "Urithiru" on it.

post-8921-0-29972400-1397269590_thumb.jp

Edited by Journie

• Chaos locked this topic