question about Honorblades WoR (Spoiler)

agentprimus

There's definitely been some confusion on this point. I forget where, but in Way of Kings there is most definitely a scene with Szeth where he does drop his Blade, and it does vanish, and he does spend ten heartbeats waiting for it to reappear. Obviously, he is capable of dismissing/summoning the Blade, and he's capable of Surgebinding when the Blade is not summoned. To me, this clearly indicates some sort of bond between Szeth and the Blade. Now, it may be of a different nature than the bond between a Radiant and his spren/Sprenblade. But it is clearly a bond, nonetheless. So, I admit, I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to reconcile these facts with the "Honorblades don't bond" statements. 

Might have to do with perception as well. 

In that Szeth thinks that his honorblade will vanish when dropped therefore it does. Similar to how in tWoK Shallan "thinks" that her shardblade requires 10 heartbeats, but we know now that it actually does not. Because she thought it did, Pattern would have waited 10 heartbeats to show in blade form. 

• Chaos locked this topic