Crackpot Theories Possible Mistborn Trilogy 2-3 Plots

Moash

So I was quite curious about our forthcoming second Mistborn trilogy (I mean the trilogy that follows the current Wax and Wayne trilogy). I was thinking about how Mistborn trilogy one was now legend and mythology due to the world changing significance of the first Mistborn trilogy. This then made me look ahead to trilogy 2 in which I wondered shouldn't there be something really significant in this one to impact Scadrial's history in a dramatic way? Now this is estimated to be at around 75 years after the Wax and Wayne trilogy in the 20th century and I believe it was said to be the early 20th century. For a while I wondered why Brandon wasn't just setting the trilogy in a 21st century equivalent time period instead, after all it isn't that much longer (compared to other time gaps) after wax and wayne. Then I was thinking about the historical impact that I expect each trilogy to carry and I started thinking about the small pieces of the plotline for trilogy 2 found in the Coppermind. All that was revealed was a Mistborn serial killer and the southern people of Scadrial making an appearance in the storyline. I was meanwhille trying to think about how a serial killer could have that kind of an impact but then I started thinking about the southern people.

There are theories that the people Miles Dagouter referred to in his final words are the people of the south. Now if that is true that could potentially be quite ominous and even if it isn't true I somehow doubt this would turn out well. Back to the historical significance that I believe each Mistborn trilogy will carry. Tell me what happened on Earth during the early 20th century? We had a World War. I am wondering if Brandon intends to have a worldwide war between the northern people of Scadrial and the Southern people of Scadrial as the main storyline of trilogy 2. We could be at trilogy 2 during the timeline where all of the technology during that period of time would have existed. My theory is what if the main plot of trilogy 2 is a major war between the north and south through modern technology and the investure of Scadrial? The reasons I suggest this is because of the time period and my belief that each trilogy of Mistborn will be world changing and hold major historical importance.

I will add on to this by stating that I also wonder about trilogy three and the high powered space technology. For Trilogy one Scadrial had destruction, Trilogy two if I were to be correct it would essentially be war. What if in this case if there is a trend to follow, Trilogy three will be Scadrial facing corruption. This was something I wondered about for a while and remembered recently. With the insane technology that allows space travel, could it not be possible that Scadrial began invading and oppressing less advanced shardworlds? Maybe there is eventually a power struggle between the corrupted, greedy Scadrial leaders and the rebels who fight this oppression (I mean Scadrian's who realize it is wrong)? I think it would be neat if generally there was one main enemy of each trilogy 1. Destruction, 2. War, 3. Corruption. This one is even more crackpot because I have nothing to really base it off of because we know little of Trilogy 3 but oddly enough I find something about Scadrial becoming oppressive off of their strength more likely than my crackpot for Trilogy 2.

These are all insane crackpot theories or more like hypothesis's to be honest but I am pretty interested in trilogy 2 because that is what we will be reading when Stormlight goes on its hiatus after part 1. I thought it would be cool to come up with some sort of guess on something that could happen in trilogy 2 even though it is a crackpot theory. Trilogy Three as I said is less likely due to even less information to base it off of but I could see something like this happening and Trilogy Three will likely be the most fun to read about because by then we may see Scadrial Investiture meeting other types of Investiture and we will likely discover the final secrets of the Scadrial Investiture as well as being able to combine all of that with futuristic technology. What do you guys think? I know that some people on here are very up to date and know quite a bit about the cosmere so I am expecting that you will find some mistakes in this. Either way it was fun theorizing even if I do not expect it to be true. Hope you all enjoyed these theories/hypothesis's.

Edited by Moash

I could certainly buy this! I do think that is a cool idea, that every Mistborn trilogy (at least main trilogy) outlines a Scadrial-shattering event. Just like series one posed an end of the world, so can series two. All this makes me wonder... The major threat introduced in our WWII was the atomic bomb... If you are right, could there be a Metallic-Arts-powered atom bomb equivalent? Most likely one coming from the south, with their technological Metallic Arts...

If this is all the case, I wonder how Brandon will reveal it all. Will he have the first two books only scratch the surface of the true problem like the first trilogy did, and then reveal the true threat in the last one? I wonder if that will also become a pattern for the Mistborn trilogy.

On another note, it will he cool to see Harmony's part in all of this, if there is a conflict between north and south. How will he choose which side to go with? Or will he be the peacemaker, and have to restore harmony to Scadrial? Good food for thought.

I also before this wondered if maybe the final trilogy will involve Scadrial's corruption and oppressiveness. Maybe now that they are able to travel in space, maybe they will invade other worlds and become oppressive so the final trilogy is based on corruption. I feel that Harmony won't be around forever and will eventually fall and it will be fairly depressing.

I could certainly buy this! I do think that is a cool idea, that every Mistborn trilogy (at least main trilogy) outlines a Scadrial-shattering event. Just like series one posed an end of the world, so can series two. All this makes me wonder... The major threat introduced in our WWII was the atomic bomb... If you are right, could there be a Metallic-Arts-powered atom bomb equivalent? Most likely one coming from the south, with their technological Metallic Arts...

I love the idea of a WWII-esque Scadrial trilogy. I am also hard at work trying to find a way to create a Metallic Arts-powered atom bomb. Can't seem to think of anything though...  :unsure:

I also before this wondered if maybe the final trilogy will involve Scadrial's corruption and oppressiveness. Maybe now that they are able to travel in space, maybe they will invade other worlds and become oppressive so the final trilogy is based on corruption. I feel that Harmony won't be around forever and will eventually fall and it will be fairly depressing.

Invade other worlds? Interesting thought, although I don't think the forces of Scadrial could overwhelm any other Shardworld we've seen so far with the possible exception of Nalthis. Sel has Elantrians and Roshar has Shardbearers.

I love the idea of a WWII-esque Scadrial trilogy. I am also hard at work trying to find a way to create a Metallic Arts-powered atom bomb. Can't seem to think of anything though...  :unsure:

Invade other worlds? Interesting thought, although I don't think the forces of Scadrial could overwhelm any other Shardworld we've seen so far with the possible exception of Nalthis. Sel has Elantrians and Roshar has Shardbearers.

Think of it this way, Scadrial has space technology along with investiture, think of it as the Galactic Empire invading and oppressing weaker planets not as technologically advanced (without the stormtrooper effect and Empire incompetency). Could Roshar truly stop them if it was shardbearers and surgebinders against allomancers who had spaceships and destroyers. Also if at this point they were more advanced than 21st century earth, well we can assume that they have nuclear weapons and far deadlier than that.

You have to Remember, Elantris took place before Mistborn, By the Time of Mistborn: FTL, Elantris will be in Star trek Eras, without Light speed. So they wouldn't be that much of a Push over.

That is a good theory, maybe Scadrial doesn't encounter Sel or somehow maybe Sel is kept back like Scadrial was.

In Alloy of Law, Northern Scadrial didn't have what we would call an Army. They Had Police, and some Militia to fight off Koloss, but other than That, no Warriors. So in Order for World War to happen, Either Northern Scadrial (NS) has to see Southern Scadrial (SS) and decide to Conquer them (Though they seem more peaceful) Or they would have to be attacked by large numbers of Koloss, till they make an Army to Exterminate them.

Moash is a Bridgeman! (Previous Post by Moash)

In Alloy of Law, Northern Scadrial didn't have what we would call an Army. They Had Police, and some Militia to fight off Koloss, but other than That, no Warriors. So in Order for World War to happen, Either Northern Scadrial (NS) has to see Southern Scadrial (SS) and decide to Conquer them (Though they seem more peaceful) Or they would have to be attacked by large numbers of Koloss, till they make an Army to Exterminate them.

Wayne also mentions the fact that some House guards have been involved in "skirmishes" between houses, and have thus seen combat experience.

Moash is a Bridgeman! (Previous Post by Moash)

Fair enough, there may be time for a greater population to arise over the century. However I do think it would make sense for at least some sort of war or conflict that would involve that modern technology.

• Chaos locked this topic