Axies the Collector and Shadesmar or Spren???

rhaiynebow

So, I've been doing my TWoK reread, and found this interesting connection to Jasnah/Shadesmar:

From TWoK Axies Interlude:

Axies's tattoos weren't that noteworthy here. Perhaps he drew stares because of his blue nails and crystalline deep blue eyes. Aimians - even Siah Aimians - were rare. Or perhaps it was because he cast a shadow the wrong way. Toward light, instead of away from it. It was a small thing, and the shadows weren't long, with the sun so high. But those who noticed muttered or jumped out of the way.

And from Jasnah's perspective the night Gavilar was assassinated in WoR:

After walking a short time in the corridors, Jasnah noticed her shadow behaving oddly again. She sighed in annoyance as it pulled toward the three Stormlight lamps on the walls.

Granted, Jasnah's shadow was pulling towards Stormlight, whereas Axies was casting his shadown the wrong way in sunlight, but I still think there is some sort of connection here.

Possibly because Axies is studying the spren? Does the fact that he is so "involved" with them provide him with some sort of access to Shadesmar? Do you think he might have his own spren bond starting?

I wonder if this is an Axies trait, or an Aimian one?

Just wanted to throw this out there and see what y'all think?

It's all Aimians. Rysn's interlude in WoR:

Rysn took a step toward him, but Kylrm grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back. “Aimian,” he hissed. “Keep your distance.”

The blue fingernails and deep blue eyes should have been a clue. Rysn stepped back, though she couldn’t see his Voidbringer shadow.

Aimians do seem to be cognitive creatures.. It would make sense if they were closely related in some way with the Spren or Shadesmar.

They can change their physical form with a bit of focus. Pretty strong cognitive powers if you ask me.

Good point! I didn't tie in the changing shape/colors to Shadesmar, but I should have. Shame on me! And I didn't link the "voidbringer shadow" comment either, so kudos on that one too!

I do wonder if they can still bond spren...and if so, how much flexibility they'll have since both are cognitive creatures. Or is it more likely they can't bond because of the fact that they're so closely related? Hopefully we'll find out in future books :D

I think the siah aimians might be the radiants of the aimian race. We've seen other races added in later books thats mentioned in passing. like mistorn with the kandra and koloss. I think later in the series they will play a big role in things to come

• Chaos locked this topic