Shallan's Mother(spoiler)

Sigzil

When Shallans mom tries to kill her when she is still a child, can we assume that hermother is an envisinger and that her mothers friend is part of the cult as well. So, her dad is a ghostblood, her mom and envisinger and her brother may be diagram. It wouldnt surprise me if tarivangin makes a play for her loyalty as well.

As I recall, the envisagers tried to put themselves in harms way in order to force a manifestation of the Radiants' power. However, if I recall correctly, Shallan's mother says something to the effect of "she's one of them" and tries to kill her because of her manifestations of power (pattern, shardblade). So I think it's fair to say that the mother isn't an envisager.

Was her father a Ghostblood before the incident with her Mother and the loss of their fortune? I got the impression that he was not, but may be misinformed. 

I also highly doubt her mother was an Envisager. I'm not sure what "group" she belonged to, but I don't think it was the Envisagers. 

Was her father a Ghostblood before the incident with her Mother and the loss of their fortune? I got the impression that he was not, but may be misinformed. 

I also highly doubt her mother was an Envisager. I'm not sure what "group" she belonged to, but I don't think it was the Envisagers. 

We don't know when Shallan's father joined the Ghostbloods.  However, given that the family's financial troubles became less when marble was "discovered" on the family's lands, and we know that the "discovery" is a direct result of the Ghostblood's assistance, I think it's pretty safe to conjecture that Shallan's father wasn't a member of the Ghostbloods at the time (and indeed didn't join until right around the time that his eldest son was killed).

I'm way confused all ready with all of the organizations LOL, but I think she might have been involved with Nin/Darkness somehow. He's the only other person/entity that I know of that has been actively killing surgebinders specifically. If she was involved with him in some way, I can see her trying to kill Shallan.

There's probably some other organization out there that's trying to kill surgebinders specifically, but I can't think of any at the moment. I'll have to go back and re-read that thread that outlined all of the secret organizations.

• Chaos locked this topic