[Full Book Spoilers] Szeth's Unique Experience

BloodShard

this still seems questionable to me considering how high up they where he fell for something like 1 to 2 mins i don't think they brain would last long enough after a shardblade strike to the spine then hitting the ground and then the time i took for darkness to get to the landing spot

this still seems questionable to me considering how high up they where he fell for something like 1 to 2 mins i don't think they brain would last long enough after a shardblade strike to the spine then hitting the ground and then the time i took for darkness to get to the landing spot

Hoid has the ability to show up when and where something important is about to happen.  I wouldn't be surprised if an Herald had the same ability.

So this brings up some interesting questions:

Nalan plays off his resurrection as a "simple" healing of his brain. Healing (progression) is a surge of Vedeledev and Pailiah's orders. Does that mean that Heralds have access to all surges, or something else entirely?

People killed by shardblades are thought to have their "souls" destroyed. This could come from superstition around the burned out eyes, but in the Cosmere, the spiritual realm is a real place, though little is known about it. If Szeth's soul was destroyed, but his body was healed, could this have any implications?

What actually happens when someone is killed by a shardblade?

People killed by shardblades are thought to have their "souls" destroyed. This could come from superstition around the burned out eyes, but in the Cosmere, the spiritual realm is a real place, though little is known about it. If Szeth's soul was destroyed, but his body was healed, could this have any implications?

What actually happens when someone is killed by a shardblade?

Good point. I think it becomes pretty obvious that your soul is *not* destroyed when you're killed by a shardblade. Though Nalan says that it was "cut through" Szeth's words and the fact that he had (somewhat) emotional reactions to what was said seem to indicate an intact, but damaged soul.

Nalan has fabrials to heal, I imagine. A Regrowth fabrial with a ruby to target the soul should fix a Shardblade wound quite nicely.

He probably has a Lightweaving fabrial too. It's likely what uses to do his "appears from darkness" trick. It would also explain how he found Szeth. He flew after Kaladin and Szeth as they fought across the sky, invisible in his darkness illusion. (Convenient that the storms made it so dark...)

Fabrials, yes! Thank you, Moogle, you wonderful, voidish Willshaper.

I haven't seen much conversation about fabrials on the forums yet. It seems important that when an amethyst replaces a ruby in a motion fabrial (8 is the opposite of 3), it gives it the opposite motion.

• Chaos locked this topic