The SPOILERS REDACTED Leakage (spoilers abound)

shdwfeather

I am so excited about the worldhopping interaction we saw in this book!

Did anybody else let out a squeak when Szeth recieved Nightblood? Of course, that would make Zahel a world-hopping Vasher, evident from his color-based swearing and mention in his interlude of him expecting "a voice to speak in his mind".

It also seems that Hoid collected a fair amount of Breaths (at least 200) from somewhere, enough to give him perfect pitch!  (ch. 59, pg 727)

Wit leaned down to tune his instrument, one leg crossed over the other. He hummed softly to himself and nodded. "Perfect pitch," Wit said, "makes this all so much easier than it once was...."

When did Vasher arrive in Roshar? Was Nightblood forcibily taken from him? Where did Hoid get all his Breaths? And oh my god when is a Shardblade vs. Nightblood duel going to happen and what will the consequences?

So excited for Book 3.

I guess Hoid just bought them. I don't think he would force someone to give them to him and it's rather impossible to steal something like that.
About Nightblood and Vasher: I guess Vasher threw Nightblood at the wrong guy. Nalan did not ran away nor started killing guys with the blade but simply put it in his backpack and said "thank you". At least that's how i imagine it.

Edited by HydrogenAlpha

As to Vasher's timeline in Roshar... we know that Adolin is in his early 20's (just shy of or just over 23 per WoR pg. 568). 

We also know that Zahel taught Adolin and we know that most Lighteyes start training with the sword when they are around 9 or 10, so that would mean that Zahel has been an Ardent in the service of the Kholin family for something like 12 - 13 years as I read the texts. 

EDIT: in prepping this response I also came across this gem: 

He’s probably close to your own age, and is the son of the most powerful human on this—”

Sanderson, Brandon (2014-03-04). Words of Radiance (Stormlight Archive, The) (p. 261). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition.

which is very interesting statement in light of the ending events of WoR and also coming from a Splinter of another Shard who worldhopped to Roshar and chooses (I'm sure voluntarily) to serve in that man's Ardentia 
Edited by Green Hoodie Mistborn

• Chaos locked this topic