[Full Book Spoilers] Voidsphere Infusing

Moogle

I've previously brought up the question as to whether the voidsphere that Szeth found was permanently infused. I found it unlikely that it would be permanently infused when Stormlight is not permanently infused into spheres. I then went on to wonder if there was an opposite to highstorms that infused them (though I was very wrong on the 'only coming at night' bit).

Well... it turns out there is an opposite to highstorms. Infused by what is, I believe, Odium's essence. The Everstorm.

So, I'm theorizing that the Everstorm will infuse gemstones with voidlight. How Gavilar managed to make the sphere he did, I have no idea, but it fits very well with him bragging to the Parshendi that he was bringing back their gods. Anyone have ideas on this? I'm guessing that, like Syl granted Kal Stormlight in spades when he spoke the Third Ideal, the Unmade can infuse gemstones with Voidlight. Taravangian's knowledge of the Unmade (their connection to the Thrill/Death Rattles), and his connection to Gavilar, imply to me that Gavilar woke up an Unmade. And then asked the Unmade politely for Voidlight.

Further speculation: since the Everstorm will come less often than highstorms, I predict that voidspheres will stay infused longer than regular spheres (but not permanently).

Edited by Moogle

I'm thinking the Voidsphere has more to do with the Unmade, and Gavilar's in particular is related to The Thrill.  Jah Keved has more thrill than Alethkar at this point, and Jah Keved is where Szeth hid the Sphere.  Gavilar was looking at unleashing the Parshendi gods to put the church back in power.  It all strikes me as related somehow, Especially given the next book being"Stones Unhallowed"

• Chaos locked this topic